A message to all the kids and young adults from the Bible

Second Thessalonians 6-12

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; 8 Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: 9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. 10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

By this passage, we can see that even children should be working. I don't necessarily mean doing the work that adults do, or earning money, but they should be doing something productive, and earning the food that their parents provide (except, or course, if they have no parents). Many young adults and children today waste their lives doing important (and being nosy. I, personally, have a problem with nosiness) and being ungrateful to their parents. That needs to change. As for me, I started working out and I believe that even though the Bible is very fun and enjoyable to read, that it is work as well.

Second Thessalonians 6-12

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; 8 Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: 9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. 10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

By this passage, we can see that even children should be working. I don't necessarily mean doing the work that adults do, or earning money, but they should be doing something productive, and earning the food that their parents provide (except, or course, if they have no parents). Many young adults and children today waste their lives doing important (and being nosy. I, personally, have a problem with nosiness) and being ungrateful to their parents. That needs to change. As for me, I started working out and I believe that even though the Bible is very fun and enjoyable to read, that it is work as well.

How in the world Juk do you get this from this passage ? Maybe it is me but could you please explain and show me.
Thanks my man
jim

How in the world Juk do you get this from this passage ? Maybe it is me but could you please explain and show me.
Thanks my man
jim
Well, the verse that I focused on remembering, which is the main idea of the passage, is that if someone does not work, then they should not eat.

Well, the verse that I focused on remembering, which is the main idea of the passage, is that if someone does not work, then they should not eat.

What you found is correct, but it does not apply to children. Children are under their parents care till they are of legal age to leave their parents roof. The scriptures that apply to children are the ones that say to obey your parents for this is right and will cause you to have long life on the earth. Now this means that every child should be doing whatever the parents tell the child to do (as long as it is legal, does not go against God and is not harmful to them) the one other scripture that really applies to children as well is the one that says to do everything without grumbling and complaining.

What you found is correct, but it does not apply to children. Children are under their parents care till they are of legal age to leave their parents roof. The scriptures that apply to children are the ones that say to obey your parents for this is right and will cause you to have long life on the earth. Now this means that every child should be doing whatever the parents tell the child to do (as long as it is legal, does not go against God and is not harmful to them) the one other scripture that really applies to children as well is the one that says to do everything without grumbling and complaining.
I'm still going to work though. But I agree.

I can tell you Juk as a minister; I strongly believe that this passage does not mean children, however in Biblical times, children did work; manual labour was a thing of norm for children, however not in today's world.
Good effort though my friend.
Juk...what work do you intend of doing?

I can tell you Juk as a minister; I strongly believe that this passage does not mean children, however in Biblical times, children did work; manual labour was a thing of norm for children, however not in today's world.
Good effort though my friend.
Juk...what work do you intend of doing?
As an adult? Well, I want to be a theologian or a pastor. But until then, I want to work at a furniture store because I like to lift heavy things and put together furniture. But over the summer, I plan to strengthen my relationship with God and work out.

As an adult? Well, I want to be a theologian or a pastor. But until then, I want to work at a furniture store because I like to lift heavy things and put together furniture. But over the summer, I plan to strengthen my relationship with God and work out.
Sounds good; any ministerial advice you would like, please let me know.

It is however beneficial for children to bring their part within the family structure, but they should not be forced into the fields though. As a child, you will benefit yourself nothing to lazy around the house and not maintain your own mess as it will cause you tough times ahead. There are many lessons to learn as a youngster, and it all starts with self-discipline.
I agree this scripture applies to adults.

I'm still going to work though. But I agree.

I think that working is good for you. When i was 12 i had a paper route and then when i turned 16 i got a job. It gives us a good work ethic and helps us to be grateful for what we earn and what our parents do for us.
I pray you find something you enjoy and that it allows you to be a blessing to others

Reactions: Juk
I think that working is good for you. When i was 12 i had a paper route and then when i turned 16 i got a job. It gives us a good work ethic and helps us to be grateful for what we earn and what our parents do for us.
I pray you find something you enjoy and that it allows you to be a blessing to others
Thanks.

Back