A minor question on our souls

A minor question on our souls

I was kind of curious to know if there is any references etc to our souls existing before our bodies.

I had just thought this up a while back, and was wondering if it was true.

Maybe, maybe not? If so - I don't remember. If not - that's okay, at least I'm gonna be in Heaven so I haven't lost anything, lol.

Hey, Nearer,
That is phrased better than the question on my thread. We must have been of like minds and written them at the same time! HeeHee. :p

Mine was about spirit children. But I like yours better. It would be exactly the same. Our souls would have existed before if we were spirit children. I think it must be a hard question because it is taking anyone so long to answer. :D

Hey, Nearer,
That is phrased better than the question on my thread. We must have been of like minds and written them at the same time! HeeHee. :p

Mine was about spirit children. But I like yours better. It would be exactly the same. Our souls would have existed before if we were spirit children. I think it must be a hard question because it is taking anyone so long to answer. :D

Lol.

Yeah, thanks. I am all about making it "to the point" with my threads. :)

Why I had originally thought of this is because it seemed a bit "rational" on my part at the time - I said, "Well, maybe God creates our souls and we live in Heaven, then we are put in our mother's womb and we are born". I know it sounds kind of ironic, lol - but, with God anything is possible.

But though, were I kind of differ to say it is a maybe not answer is because it sounds a little (or a lot) like reincarnation. Why? Is because (basically), when someone is reincarnated, they go into another "form" or "body". It also sounds like the crazy Scientology thing with Xemu (Xenu) and how he sent all these people to Earth, blew them up, and we hold the souls of those murdered humans.

Lol...I don't believe in reincarnation or Scientology, just making a reference to how "our-souls-existed-before-our-bodies" sounds a lot like either of those two. ^^

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed thee a prophet unto the nations.

God knew all of us before we were in our mother’s womb. We are a spirit with a body… not a body with a spirit.

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed thee a prophet unto the nations.

God knew all of us before we were in our mother’s womb. We are a spirit with a body… not a body with a spirit.

Yeah...but that can also apply to God knew who we were even if our souls did not exist as it can to our souls existed before our bodies, etc.

But thanks anyhow, Who am I! ^_^

I guess I was just trying to lean more towards the spirit, than the soul.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Our soul is one of the tree parts of us. Our soul is our “mind, will and emotions” I don’t think any of those three exists before we have a body. Our spirit, on the other hand, is something totally different.

I guess I was just trying to lean more towards the spirit, than the soul.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Our soul is one of the tree parts of us. Our soul is our “mind, will and emotions” I don’t think any of those three exists before we have a body. Our spirit, on the other hand, is something totally different.

Ah, I see what you mean.

As seen in Adam the soul is formed when the spirit is palced in the body

Back