A Much Needed Makeover...

A Much Needed Makeover...

Good Morning All and Happy, Happy Wednesday to YOU! I greet you on this beautiful morning in the precious and Almighty name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! What a glorious day this is to be alive. This is yet another day that you have not seen before. It is a day to rejoice and be glad in it. This day has been ordained just for you! I am experiencing a brand new mercy! What about you?

I trust this email finds all doing well, as I am.

In today's society, there is much focus on the outward appearance. Everybody wants to be made over so that the outward appearance is pleasing to the natural eye. There is a gym almost on every corner. You can find a spa anywhere. There are makeup counters running over with people who desire to change their look and plastic surgery is the thing to have.

There is nothing wrong with that, however, many people run from the real makeover that needs to take place. An internal makeover.

I Samuel 16: 7- But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Psalm 51:7 declares: Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

In this new season of new levels and new things, seriously ask GOD to make you over again. Petition Him to transform the old you into something new. A vessel that is beautiful from the inside out.

This request will require your transparency. God already knows you anyway, but the fact that you are transparent about who you really are pleases the Father.

There are so many people who have never really dealt with past hurts and issues. They wear a great mask. From the outward appearance, it looks as if everything is alright, but deep, deep down on the inside, there is great turmoil. On the inside there is struggle, insecurities and poor self-esteem.

Are you in need of a makeover? Are you tired of what you see (internally)? Has God been dealing with you about your ways? Have you even considered your ways?

It is time for self-inspection! Begin to take a good look at yourself! Examine yourself closely.

It is my prayer that you get your makeover, not for your glory, but for the glory of God!

Purify my heart, my life, my body, my influence, O God. May my words and my thoughts be blameless in your sight. I want to be holy as you are holy and honor you as only you are worthy of honor. You alone are God!
Through Jesus I ask it. Amen.

Make it an EXCELLENT day!

Jonathan :)
www.jonathanmaddox.com

Re:A much needed makeover

Twenty-two years ago (almost simultaneously) I came to Christ and He delivered me from the grip of alcoholism. However, at that time He only removed the desire to drink. All the mistaken behavior patterns and stinkin' thinking remained to be dealt with.

I originally thought that when I stopped drinking, all my relationship issues, all my personality issues would be solved and my financial problems would disappear quickly. WRONG! All the stuff that I had used alcohol to hide from came right up to me and yelled, "Here we are, pal! You can't hide from us any more."

With the help of my church friends and a 12-step recovery program that God tricked me into joining, I began an "extreme makeover" process that is still going on. It has been a long and difficult process. My "spoiled little boy" attitude had to be ripped out and thrown away. My pride had to be shredded. All the barriers to rigorous honesty about my character defects had to be blasted to smithereens.

But, God is good, He has not permitted me to be "tested beyond what I can bear" and He has provided a way out (See 1 Cor 10:13). It's been a painful process, mostly because of my resistance. As the sayiing goes, "All of my character defects have got claw marks on them." But, now I am a truly blessed man. The loneliness of fellowship with the bottle only has been replaced by a ton of true friends whom I can count on and who can count on me. Plus, my nearly destroyed family relationships are in a healing process and my life now has purpose. Why? Because the arrogant, self-centered, spoiled alcoholic is gone and I am becoming the man God designed me to be.
My purpose is to encourage new believers and seekers as they come toward Jesus. My goal is to go to heaven and take as many people with me as I can.

Many times I have felt like I'm being pulled through a keyhole. But, it has all been so very worthwhile. "If a man be in Christ Jesus, he is a new person. Old things are passed away. Behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17).

Praise God! Thank you, Jesus!

SLE

I still need a makeover. After being a Christian for so many years, somehow I still can't change a lot of bad habits and ugly personality traits. Can anyone advice me on how to overcome this? I do try but always fall back to my old ways. Thanks.

Back