A Recommendation: "Celtic Woman"

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
A Recommendation: "Celtic Woman"

My Chapel staff has had the good fortume to be able to see the live touring presentation of "Celtic Woman" in concert recently. This ensemble of singers and musicians gives a heartwarming performance wherever they tour. Most members are Irish and present a mix of traditional Irish songs as well as many Inspirational songs. The producer, David Downes, is a master at arrangements, orchestrations and lyrics and is the backbone of the touring performances.

The main stage performers are Mairead Nesbit, a bundle of energy and one of the finest Irish fiddle players in the business; Meav Ni Mhaolchath , Orla Fallon, Lisa Kelly, Hayley Westenra, and 16 year old Chloe Agnew, who is the daughter of David Agnew - a true genius in Irish traditional music renditions and presentations. Their lead percussionist, Ray Fean, is one of the best Irish Drum performers anywhere and puts forth 110 percent during each presentation.

The group's first tour took place in early 2006 to worldwide appreciative audiences. Their "Celtic Woman" CD and DVD from that tour is available as is their 2007 innaugural performance taped at Slane Castle in Ireland. Their "Celtic Woman - A New Journey" CD and DVD are also now available. The opening song, "The Prayer" featuring Chloe, will bring tears to your eyes. Later in the performance, their version of "Orinoco Flow" will get your heart pumping and your hands clapping...

If anyone wishes to be truly inspired by both traditional Irish music as well as the lighthearted upbeat tunes that this group is famous for, check the tour dates for your area as located in their website...

www.celticwoman.com/index.asp

I and my family have been watching this group and listening to their albums for years, so we went to see them live in Atlanta. They were awesome; I highly recommend them.

Chuff

I liked it! I've seen it like 5 bajilion times LOL! It comes on every once in a while on PBS. I love Celtic songs.

One of my favorite cd's is "Revival in Belfast"- not celtic women but an entire worship service much of which is celtic in style- awesome praise and worship!

Can you PM me regarding the 'Revival' CD industry number from the plastic jacket and the artist(s) name(s) ? THANKS!!

For those who are not familiar with the stage production of "Celtic Woman", I'd like to mention that the ensemble specializes in traditional Irish music in both English and Gaelic as well as popular tunes and songs of Inspiration. One of their most Inspirational songs is called "The Voice". It is a dedication to Our Heavenly Father in lyrical rhyme and I'd like to post those lyrics for you here:

The Voice

"I hear your voice on the wind
And I hear you call out my name.

0_blank.gif

Listen my child you say to me
I am The Voice of your history
Be not afraid - come follow me
Answer my call and I'll set you free.

0_blank.gif

I am The Voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am The Voice of your hunger and pain
I am The Voice that always is calling you
I am The Voice and I will remain

0_blank.gif

I am The Voice in the fields when the Summer's gone
The dance of the leaves when the Autumn winds blow
Never do I sleep throughout all the cold Winter long
I am the force that in Springtime will grow

0_blank.gif

I am The Voice of the Past that will always be
Filled with my sorrows and blood in my fields.
I am The Voice of the Future -
Bring me your peace, bring me your peace
and my wounds they will heal.

(Chorus)
0_blank.gif

I am The Voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am The Voice of your hunger and pain
I am The Voice that always is calling you
I am The Voice... I am The Voice... I am The Voice... "

May God Bless...

Celtic Woman - A New Journey revisited

In addition to bringing this back to the top of the posting sequence for those new members who may be interested, I am also including the lyrics of Chloe Agnew's song entitled, "The Prayer". Please enjoy:

The Prayer, Soloist Chloe Agnew, Celtic Woman -

I pray you'll be our eyes
And watch us where we go
And help us to be wise
In times when we don't know

Let this be our prayer
As we go our way
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe

I pray we'll find your light
And hold it in our hearts
When stars go out each night
Remind us where you are

Let this be our prayer
When shadows fill our day
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe

We ask that life be kind
And watch us from above
We hope each soul will find
Another soul to love

Let this be our prayer
Just like every child
Needs to find a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe

Need to find a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

http://www.celticwoman.com/index.asp

Updates

The Autumn 2007 USA Tour dates have been announced and can be found in the link below. Also, some performance news is also worth checking out in the NEWS HEADLINES area. Lynn Hilary has joined the group because Meav Ní Mhaolchatha has decided to take a tour break to work on a solo album.

Anyone who wishes to see a truly inspirational performance, please see if any of the tour dates are close to your home area. Thank you.

http://www.celticwoman.com/index.asp

USA Tour Update

The Winter and Spring 2008 USA Tour Dates have been announced... for those who are fans of this truly inspirational group, please check out the tour details here:

Celtic Woman Official Website

Back