A Retiring Missionary

Dusty

Inactive
A Retiring Missionary

A retiring missionary came home to America on the same boat as the president of the United States. Cheering crowds, a military band, a red carpet and the media welcomed the president home, but the missionary slipped off the boat unnoticed. Feeling self pity and resentment, the missionary began to complain to God. Then ...God gently reminded him " you're not home yet".....

And my heart says ....Amen!

I am reminded of when Princess Diana died and all the media focus was on her and meanwhile Mother Theresa died at the same time and it went almost unoticed .

A retiring missionary came home to America on the same boat as the president of the United States. Cheering crowds, a military band, a red carpet and the media welcomed the president home, but the missionary slipped off the boat unnoticed. Feeling self pity and resentment, the missionary began to complain to God. Then ...God gently reminded him " you're not home yet".....

And my heart says ....Amen!

The least in the Kingdom of God is in a higher position than any person on earth. The world just doesn't realize it.

Back