A Ring in Honor to God

My walk with the Lord has been very hard lately because I kept trying to be a new creature in Christ yet hold onto my old sin and old ways. I feel like I have shed that skin from myself and am now actively reading scripture and seeking God's wisdom and trying to live for him. I struggled with deep sexual sin and living very selfishly. But through God's Holy Spirit I have overcome and am ready to live my life honoring Him, the way I am supposed to be living.

I'm not one for wearing cross necklaces; I do like them but I can't stand wearing necklaces, but I thought about getting a nice ring for myself. The way I see it in my mind, I let go of my old ways and this ring in my eyes represents my new promises I have made to the Lord. I know that the ring itself is in the nicest of terms, just essentially junk, but to me it will always be on me and will be a reminder that I live for Him.

Now my question is that if I do wear this ring, I plan on wearing it on my ring finger on my left hand but that is generally seen as your wedding ring finger. I know that this ring has no spiritual power and it doesn't make me any more closer to God because its just symbolic but at the same time I am wondering about how others will see it. I have no problem with explaining i am not married but at the same time want to make sure this would be...appropriate I think is the word. I myself have no moral qualms about it but wanted to see what members here thought. Do you think wearing rings on your "ring finger" is alright if you are not married?

Thanks.

My walk with the Lord has been very hard lately because I kept trying to be a new creature in Christ yet hold onto my old sin and old ways. I feel like I have shed that skin from myself and am now actively reading scripture and seeking God's wisdom and trying to live for him. I struggled with deep sexual sin and living very selfishly. But through God's Holy Spirit I have overcome and am ready to live my life honoring Him, the way I am supposed to be living.

I'm not one for wearing cross necklaces; I do like them but I can't stand wearing necklaces, but I thought about getting a nice ring for myself. The way I see it in my mind, I let go of my old ways and this ring in my eyes represents my new promises I have made to the Lord. I know that the ring itself is in the nicest of terms, just essentially junk, but to me it will always be on me and will be a reminder that I live for Him.

Now my question is that if I do wear this ring, I plan on wearing it on my ring finger on my left hand but that is generally seen as your wedding ring finger. I know that this ring has no spiritual power and it doesn't make me any more closer to God because its just symbolic but at the same time I am wondering about how others will see it. I have no problem with explaining i am not married but at the same time want to make sure this would be...appropriate I think is the word. I myself have no moral qualms about it but wanted to see what members here thought. Do you think wearing rings on your "ring finger" is alright if you are not married?

Thanks.

I have heard of many young people who choose to wear a band on their ring finger to symbolize their commitment to God, and to stay pure before Him, many nuns and priests (i think) still wear one as well. I think if that is something that will help you remember and encourage you, then it is a great thing. Plus it can be a great conversation piece, if asked why.

God desires our hearts, lives and everything....which I rejoice with you that you have found a desire to truly make Him Lord of your life. He is certainly pleased with you!

God bless!

Thanks.

Brother I do beleive this is awesome and it is between you and the Father. OBTW......when we enter into this new covenant with Him - He puts a ring on our finger (spiritually) It is the power and authority He has given us that is backed by all His promises which are all backed by the Honor of His Name. It is a covenant trait..........
God Bless
Jim

Thanks.
Great to hear your testimony! May God bless you abundantly in your walk with Him!
I see absolutely nothing to question in what you are doing. Hey, this might give so many opportunities to witness God to others! Wedding ring finger is something man made. For example, I come from India and we don't exchange rings for wedding. Instead the man would put something like a wedding necklace for the girl. So there is nothing like wedding ring or ring finger. You putting this ring in the ring finger has nothing to do with morality or anything like that

@AndrewB93
I just wanted to encourage you with a verse. Philippians 2:13......for it is God who works within you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. In the nlt it says God is giving you the desire and thr power to do what pleases Him.

God Bless

Back