A sinner's prayer

A sinner's prayer

I am a child of God by His grace. If you want to come to God, realize this; that the law of God, the Word of God, points out your sin with a sword, reveals the wrath of God against it, and shows that you are a sinner, who is bearing a curse against yourself, - that guilt, that burden of sin, that in-the-back-of-your-mind fear of impending judgment and doom for it. Your conscience will bear witness against you. But the law is also the schoolmaster that brings us to Christ. If you want to do something to be saved, this is what you do; realize you can’t do anything to save yourself, but that you need to be SAVED, and need a SAVIOR, and that Savior is Jesus Christ; God the Son; Almighty God in the Flesh; the Only Perfect and Sufficient Sacrifice for sin He will Himself accept, as a ransom for your soul, by the shedding of His Righteous blood on the cross for your pardon. That is it, that is the only payment He will take for sin against Himself, He alone provides the Only Sacrifice that is capable of paying for high treason against His Holiness, and that is by offering Himself instead, His own flesh and blood, because without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness, His Holiness will not be tainted, His Righteous Laws have been broken, and these are direct crimes from finite man against the Infinite God, Who is love and holiness Himself. That is why sin is so evil; it is rebellion against God, and must be atoned for. Man does not have anything within himself to do this, that is why if one willfully rejects Jesus Christ, and goes on sinning, there remains nothing for him but an expectation of fearful judgment and hellfire, where he will be punished, as he can never repay God for his sin, not in all eternity. That is why sin is so utterly sinful and wicked, and that is why it is so Great a salvation that Jesus Christ gives! for He shall save His people FROM their sins! And not only that, He cloaks them in Garments of salvation, they are washed white in the Lambs blood, His blood, God the Son, God in the flesh, the Lamb that was slain, and He covers them with His Righteousness instead. By His death on the cross, all their sins are atoned for and taken away as He bore them, all His Redemption work on the cross to justify sinners is finished, God’s Justice is satisfied, His Son’s Blood quenches the wrath of God for His justified people, and as His flesh was torn, the Temple veil was torn from Top to Bottom, as God makes peace with man through the Redeemer’s Blood, to all who repent and believe in Him, LOOK upon Him for forgiveness, cleansing, salvation, are redeemed. An awakened soul realizes he is dead without God, and that his sins are dragging him down to hell.

Forsake worldliness, and ENTER the Door. Christ is the Door; all who enter through Him will be saved. Many will pass by Him, stand outside the door, will have heard Him taught, but when that Door is shut, it is shut, and it will never be opened. Those who do not enter into a Relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and die in their sins, will hear the words, ‘Depart from Me all you evil-doers, into the lake of fire prepared for the devil and his angels, for I never knew you…’ Whatever your soul holds onto with a clenched fist, let it go…clenched fists don’t get filled, open hands do. If you’re bringing anything to Him, then it is your sins, a confession of your guilt before God, and a desperate plea for mercy and forgiveness, and grace to repent and believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Maybe a prayer like this would help you,

O, Most Holy God, Creator of the Universe, in whose hands I am in, who knows my thoughts and my fears and my sins, of whom I am not worthy, I know that You are a God of love, and that there is no one besides You, but I have not tasted of Your love yet, nor Your forgiveness, but with You there is forgiveness, my only Hope, and so I come to Jesus. I have lived a life of sin against You and am in need of Your Mercy and Forgiveness. I do not know how vile my sin is to You, please convince me of it by Your Holy Spirit so that I will flee to You, and please show Your love for me, that would drive me to Jesus at the feet of the cross, where I would cling to Him there. Please wash me in Your Blood, cleanse me from my filth, and breath new life into me by Your Holy Spirit. Please grant me mercy and forgiveness, and take out my heart of stone and give me one of flesh that is after Yours, I ask You only on the merits and basis of what Jesus Christ has done, God Your Son who suffered and died for me, poured out His blood for me, and who was raised from the grave for Me, and ascended to heaven, where bodily of flesh and blood and fully God He pleads for Me, before Your Throne of Mercy and Grace, Lord, You said there is more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents, and I am one of them, please shower down Your grace on me, I want to know You Lord, in Jesus’ Name, amen.

"But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, 'O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.' Luke 18:13

“So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him." Luke 15:20

As He passed by, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting in the tax booth, and He said to him, "Follow Me!" And he got up and followed Him. Mark 2:14

May Jesus Christ be glorified!

My advice is..if anyone advices you to say a prayer to be saved RUN A MILLION MILES AWAY, grab yourself a copy of the King James Bible first printed in the year of our Lord 1611 and READ THE GOSPEL ACCOUNTS. You will then either come to the belief of Jesus Christ and inherit the promise of salvation THROUGH FAITH....

....or you wont.

Back