a sobering reminder ( For us ALL )

This was a sobering reminder that before we jump into how we fix our church, we need to pause and make sure we’re healthy ourselves. I struggle with consistency in my spiritual disciplines. It’s something I’m trying to get better at in 2023.

I’m trying to read my Bible and have a time of prayer at least 5 times a week. I’m also trying to be more intentional about spending time with people who are either pouring into me, or people I can pour in to.

I recently heard the statement that you should always have three types of people in your life. You should have a Paul, a Barnabas, and a Timothy.

A Paul is someone who is mentoring you. They’re further ahead than you spiritually, and they’re willing to share their wisdom with you.

A Barnabas is someone who encourages you and holds you accountable in your faith and life. This is someone you’re walking shoulder to shoulder with.

And a Timothy is someone you can mentor. Someone who has given their life to Christ, but isn’t as far down the road as you are.

We have a lot of work to do to get our churches back healthy, but it starts with making sure each one of us is healthy.

? Well you need tough plants in a church garden, the only ones that have survived of all the ones I planted were the heavens breath.

People who are not gardeners or not interested in gardening don't care to look after gardens. They don't want to do the work, and often try to stop others from working in them too. The car park is more important than the garden it seems.

I think if you have read the Bible straight through but don't want to read it all over again from Genesis to Revelation, having a devotional everyday helps. Choose one that has a verse/passage of scripture for each day of the year and that has a bookmark.

I'm now reading one called The Abundant Life by Solly Ozrovech.

It reflects the truth of John 10:10

After tending your grapevine, you'll soon find you'll have big bunches of grapes.

We all have our own personal struggles in this life on earth.
Sometimes simply knowing we have salvation is all the comfort we need.
Other times we thirst deeply into the well of scripture, we must remember to breathe.
I find we all have different circumstances that weigh upon our daily decisions.
Life is like being on a fulcrum scale that gets shifted back and forth.

I believe it is our Father in the name of His Son Jesus Christ that keeps us all in balance through faith.

Back