A strange friend

Thanks Mr Darwin for the laughs I : The Weird Pains of A Weird Friend

The Weird Pains of A Weird Friend

My friend Mark told me his Chinese friend Peter invited him to lunch at his house last week.

Inside Peter's house, he saw pictures of frogs and dogs hanged on the wall. Peter told him he had to do ancestor worship (which is a common Chinese practice) before lunch.
He felt curious and asked, "Where are the pictures of your ancestors ? I can't see any except pictures of ugly frogs and dogs ?" Suddenly, Peter got furious and said how dare he insult his ancestors.

Later, Mark found out that Peter believed that the ancestor of his father's father was a frog, the ancestor of his father's mother a dog, the ancestor of his mother's father an ant and the ancestor of his mother's mother a mosquito.

Peter explained, "Today some dumb people, if anybody in the street tell them their ancestor is a peanut, they'd still believe. I am different, I am not that gullible -- I'd believe only if a scientist tells me so :rolleyes: ... you know, scientists are highly learned people, what they say must be right...
Last year, some scientists discovered a skull in my backyard which looked like halfway between a human, ... a frog and a dog :blink: . I know it's hard to imagine it ... they estimated it to be 30 million year old :cool: and they told me it proves the non-human ancestry of my family.
Although my neighbour said it was less than 3 year old :p and was merely a chichen skull he once used as a hammer, and the first time he saw it, it was clearly labelled "Packed In China" with an expiry date.
I won't accept his explanation because I prefer to listen to a scientist."

Mark was told that, as a result of Peter's evolutionary beliefs, Peter has to suffer from itchiness throughout summers and, also, it has become a pain for him to walk in the streets. :confused:
He has to suffer from itchiness throughout summers because he can no longer kill mosquitoes whenever they go to bite him.
It has become a pain for him to walk in the streets because ,for every step he takes, he has to take care not to tread on ants and , sometimes, frogs.

Peter has been deeply troubled and now wants a way out.

What do you think of this satire ?
It is a satire on the ridiculousness of evolutionism and on people who believe anything scientists say.

Is it good enough ? Does it need improvement ? If yes, where or how ?
Thank you very much.

Yeah, I don't think it's funny. Sadly, many CHinese are trapped in this ancestor worship thing. Even if they accept Jesus, many don't fullly give it up. They think its a sign that they respect their ancestors.

What do you think of this satire ?
It is a satire on the ridiculousness of evolutionism and on people who believe anything scientists say.

Is it good enough ? Does it need improvement ? If yes, where or how ?
Thank you very much. :)

Back