A Study of Angels

A Study of Angels

What I am looking to find out is what angels do, what their abilities are, and what their emotions and affections are.

I know they cannot sin.

Please provide some verses.

What I am looking to find out is what angels do, what their abilities are, and what their emotions and affections are.

I know they cannot sin.

I am trying to think of some verses right now about angels but I cannot think of their names.

If I find some I will get them for you :).

I know they cannot sin.

They are messengers and ministering spirits the verses you asked for are below. The Angel of God does not sin and are sinless, as for fallen angels they have sinned and are sinning and are called Demons. The verses below show that angels are ministering spirits and messengers.

God Bless.

Dan 8:16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.

Dan 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Dan 8:18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.

Dan 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

Luk 1:19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to show thee these glad tidings.
Luk 1:20 And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
Luk 1:21 And the people waited for Zacharias, and marveled that he tarried so long in the temple.
Luk 1:22 And when he came out, he could not speak unto them: and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple: for he beckoned unto them, and remained speechless.
Luk 1:23 And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house.
Luk 1:24 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,
Luk 1:25 Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.
Luk 1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

I know they cannot sin.

An angel is just a messenger concerning us and this world. Nothing more and nothing less. We are not told to find out who they are or even concern ourselves with them. God uses them for what ever He chooses and we really shouldn't spend much time on trying to figure out anything more than what the bible says about them.

In fact I believe they are examining us because of what God chose to do through us.

Are you absolutely sure they can't sin? Lucifer did.

They were obviously given a choice at one point in time. The ones who chose God instead of satan remained God angels and the ones who chose satan fell from grace and are going to take part in his ever lasting judgement.

Again, we really don't need to worry about them because they are already in heaven.

Steve Shultz:
"SOME PEOPLE HAVE ENTERTAINED ANGELS WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT! HAVE YOU?"

From the desk of Steve Shultz:

We have received a lot of questions on angels lately. I don’t know of a man on earth who can truly give you the FINAL word on Angels.

But . . .
This I know from Scripture. . . Some things are definitively true. For instance, we are actually warned or exhorted . . .

Heb 13:2
"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." (NIV)

What this Passage in the Bible means to me is that perhaps a large number of Christians on earth, have “entertained” angels, even when they didn’t know it. . . even if they don’t believe they’ve ever so much as seen an angel. While others have seen angels.
What About That Couple You Gave a Ride?

What if you gave a young couple a ride to the grocery store because you saw they were walking in the rain? What if you asked and they told you their names were Joe and Sally? And what if they were angels sent to you? You may not have known they were angels but when Joe and Sally just gave you the “names” they, as angels-- were using while appearing to be human beings. They were fulfilling Hebrews 13:2 (above). Consider that you may have entertained one or more angels yourself before, without even a clue.
Years ago, in Texas, I gave a homeless lady some money and she looked into my eyes and said, “God bless you!” and I thought, “WHOA!," That felt very different.” It actually felt like I had truly received a blessing. That’s the only way I know to describe it.

Later that same afternoon, I just prayed a quick prayer for the boss I worked for (this was 1990) and his headache suddenly vanished. This was rare for me, as I didn’t touch him when praying. I worked in a VERY secular environment I worked in and I don’t recall praying for anyone else at that office in those days. I have always felt that faith for healing must have come through the blessing I got from that homeless person . . . or was it an angel? Of course, it COULD have been God just giving me that blessing for helping out a person—end of story.

One time, I was firmly rebuked by a man for not paying enough attention to certain needs of the people I was ministering to. The way it came, from a man I’d never seen, and it happened several times by the same man when he shouldn’t have been able to get to my location--- I wondered if he was an angel. That was in Texas too. I never saw him again, until, a few years later, I was alone in France, needing help at a train station, and there he was, tipping his head over his newspaper, watching out over me. Was it an angel? I have no proof.

Even Billy Graham has written on angels.

We have some excellent resources and music concerning angels. We don’t worship them of course. But they are here to help us.

Heb 1:14
"Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" (NIV)

Blessings,

Steve L. Shultz

The ElijahList & ElijahRain magazine
http://www.elijahlist.com

The angels are the children of God. Job chapter 1, Good or bad.

They are minstering spirits unto the body of Christ, Gods children in natural/spiritual existance in this world age. Good or bad.

Good for the benifit of Gods children, and bad for the correction of Gods children.

The word angel is defined as: messenger, son, worker

The Lord stated that we (Gods children in this world dispensation), were as the angels.

There were those that rebelled against God, and their leader (satan), has been destined to eternal damnation because of it.

The king of tarus: reference

They do have free will to choose and to act, and the only creatures that donot, are the four beast that stand before the throne of God. The Zoid who now protect the throne against any opposition.

Note: this was the position of the covering cheribs, which satan was one of, but when he rebelled against God, these four creatures ( which have no will but to protect the throne of God), were created to fulfill this duty until all prophercy pertaining to the church is complete.

The angels written about in Gen. chapter 6, the nephilim, rebelled against God the second time by comming to the earth and joining with the natural existance of the flesh, and for this, God has chained them in eternal darkness. Jude

The word "nephilim" in the old hebrew language was derived from two other words meaning: Napha - to fall or fallen, and ohim which is the plural sense when attached to the end of any hebrew word, and in this case the angels are referenced. The fallen ones or angels.

The apostle Paul teaches in 11 Cor. that they are comming back to help satan (anti-christ) to deceive the nations.

They will be cast into the lake of fire on the day of the Lord, along with the false prophet and the two beast of Reverlation.

This is a little information. I hope it helps

Later

justthefacts

Back