A Warning from the Gospel of Mark?

A Warning from the Gospel of Mark?

Dear friends,

I’m reading through the New Testament, and one verse has come to haunt me over the past few days from the Gospel of Mark. As most of you know, I was recently saved through a vision/dream. My previous life as a Satanist is behind me and I am becoming more comfortable in the fact that God has taken me back into his grace despite my previous transgressions. However, The Gospel of Mark tells us this:

"But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."
- Mark 3:29

In my time as a Satanist, I rejected any possibility of the existence of God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit as the folklore of our times. I was never one to verbally or physically accost anyone of a different faith, but my heart was stone and my ears were closed to the Word. Does this qualify as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? I have felt my heart growing full and lighter as the joy of God has come back into my life, but was chilled to the bone when I read this passage. Can someone offer some perspective on this? Many, many thanks!

WasLost

Some scholars teach that "blasphemy against the Holy Ghost" refers to the sin of attributing Christ's miracles, wrought by the Holy Spirit, to the power of Satan. (As the pharisees did.) I believe this is something a born again Spirit filled believer would never do, only non-Cristians would do such a thing.

Others claim it to be the rejection of the gift of salvation.
When one rejects salvation one is lost forever.

Interesting subject.
Let's see what others have to say about it.

"...guilty of eternal sin..."

There is only one unpardonable sin ... you can find it mentioned again in Luke 12:1-12 (KJV), especially Luke 12:11-12 (KJV). This additional reference may help you to understand the issue. Please compare the writings in both Books (Mark 3 and Luke 12) and you will see that this takes place after the antichrist returns claiming to be Christ. No one has committed this sin as yet.

It is only my opinion but Jesus was addressing scribes and pharisees who by their own delcaration pronounced themselves religious authorities -

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Mat 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Mat 12:27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Mat 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
Mat 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Addressing this same mindset of people Jesus responded like this:

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Jesus is never seen judging the ignorant or lost man harshly- the only times He was ever recorded being angry was with religious know it alls,you know the type in it for a show, recognition of man, control and power BUT NEVER REALLY NEW GOD AT ALL- while the lost sheep of Israel cried out praising God for these miracles these religious dogs were attributing them to the devil in fear of loosing authority and control.
I have also heard it said that the only unforgiveable sin is resisting the Holy Spirit as He leads you to repentance in Christ- which was just what these phonies were doing. Like I said just my opinion and I don't claim to be an expert on this subject.

Satanist?

In my time as a Satanist, I rejected any possibility of the existence of God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit as the folklore of our times. I was never one to verbally or physically accost anyone of a different faith, but my heart was stone and my ears were closed to the Word.[end quote]

How is it possible to acknowledge the existence of Satan but reject the existence of G-d? I know a few Satanists and I will tell you they worship Satan in rebellion to G-d. Satan was the ultimate rebel they worship. I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me and I question whether or not you were a Satanist. Perhaps you are mislabeling your former self? Food for thought :)

Um...Satanists I've known never really believed in God OR Satan. Mostly just used Satan to annoy the Christian church. More like a figurehead than an actual spiritual entity that is to be worshiped.

There are two major forms of Satanism: "Modern Satanists" who don't believe in any kind of God, Devil, or deity, and "Traditional Satanists" who do believe in and worship Satan as a deity. Your friends sound like Traditional Satanists...these are DANGEROUS people. These are the kinds of people who burn churches and commit crimes. Modern Satanists could care less about anything other than themselves, and it's a very selfish philosophy. They are also DANGEROUS people. I would ask myself why you are making friends with Satanists if I were you, Otetiani! They are more than likely out to manipulate you or decieve you in some way for their own benefit. :mad:

Honestly, that's about all I care to say about Satanism. It's a part of my life that I have left behind. I have been saved through God's grace and his son's sacrifice. :D

Thanks for clarifiying

There are two major forms of Satanism: "Modern Satanists" who don't believe in any kind of God, Devil, or deity, and "Traditional Satanists" who do believe in and worship Satan as a deity. Your friends sound like Traditional Satanists...these are DANGEROUS people. These are the kinds of people who burn churches and commit crimes. Modern Satanists could care less about anything other than themselves, and it's a very selfish philosophy. They are also DANGEROUS people. I would ask myself why you are making friends with Satanists if I were you, Otetiani! They are more than likely out to manipulate you or decieve you in some way for their own benefit. :mad:

Honestly, that's about all I care to say about Satanism. It's a part of my life that I have left behind. I have been saved through God's grace and his son's sacrifice. :D
I guess I can see what you mean. Personally I would just label them agnostics labeling themselves Satanist to antagonize Christians.

As for knowing Satanists, I never said we were friends and I never said I trusted them. I just don't fear them and I am willing to discuss things with them. Quite frankly, there are "Christians" I fear more than these Satanists.
I only fear that I will not recognize a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Sheep in wolves clothing are of no concern to me.

The only satanists I have meet were the practicing kind- they had a very dark spirit about them but I will pray for their salvation anyway as I know my God can move mountains and if He can save me He can save anyone.

Back