"A word aptly spoken..."

"A word aptly spoken..."

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." (Proverbs 25:11, NIV)

My thought for today: It makes a difference what we say and how we say what we say.

So, I ask myself a few questions: What is my motive in the sharing? Will this really help another? Am I replying in the best context so the shoe fits? (Or is this appropriate?) Is it time to share this and is this the right place to share it? Does God want me to be the one to share it? Am I speaking truth from a loving heart? Have I prayed about what I am to share? Do I believe what I am sharing? :)

Deborah,:goodpost: Reminds me of an elderly retired missionary who was leading one of our bible studies, she said just before we started....."Before we say anything in reply to a comment or question, or state an opinion, we should first ask ourselves......Am I saying this to appear Pious? Am I saying this to appear knowledgable? Am I saying this to prove my point? or am I saying this because the 'Love of Christ' compels me?"

That was many years ago, yet I still remember her words, and remember too surprisingly, a real sense of freedom in that bible study.:)

Deborah,:goodpost: Reminds me of an elderly retired missionary who was leading one of our bible studies, she said just before we started....."Before we say anything in reply to a comment or question, or state an opinion, we should first ask ourselves......Am I saying this to appear Pious? Am I saying this to appear knowledgable? Am I saying this to prove my point? or am I saying this because the 'Love of Christ' compels me?"

That was many years ago, yet I still remember her words, and remember too surprisingly, a real sense of freedom in that bible study.:)

What a blessing that has been for you, vision, since what she said has stood the test of time. Truly golden! I remember some things like that said to me too which were most aptly spoken.

Back