A World Steeping In Revenge

Something that occurred to me today is that, even after grieving from the loss of a spouse, the memories never go away; which is as it should be for those we have loved for so many years in marriage.

In this world, where exacting revenge is now a form of glamorized entertainment in the corrupt Hollywood movie industry, thoughts about revenge still surface, from time to time, against those responsible for my former wife's death. Those who are responsible are too numerous to number and spread out across the globe, and so making it impossible to even name them all.

However, the Lord knows each and every one, and those not covered by the Blood of Christ at their deaths, they will indeed meet up with the One who said:

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Mulling these things over, and thinking about all those faceless people who were behind her death, I have to force myself to pray for all their salvations, and be content in the thoughts that those who go to their graves in denial of Christ, they will receive their reward that is far worse than what anyone could ever have done to them in this world. That's not to say that I take pleasure in the death of the wicked, even in the context of their crimes against our family, and so many others, it is enough that God's justice is perfect and just in every way.

I forgive them all, and moments of sadness for her passing, which still surface every now and then, I just lay it all before the Lord, with my tears and prayers intermixed with those of so many other saints in that basin that sits before the throne, the basin of prayers, and the vial of tears of all the saints throughout time.

The enemy of our souls never gives up trying to work up the desire for revenge in our hearts, but resisting him means that he flees every time. I cannot and will not try to steal from the Lord the vengeance that is His alone.

To the King and Lord over all goes all the glory.

Amen

MM

Something that occurred to me today is that, even after grieving from the loss of a spouse, the memories never go away; which is as it should be for those we have loved for so many years in marriage.

In this world, where exacting revenge is now a form of glamorized entertainment in the corrupt Hollywood movie industry, thoughts about revenge still surface, from time to time, against those responsible for my former wife's death. Those who are responsible are too numerous to number and spread out across the globe, and so making it impossible to even name them all.

However, the Lord knows each and every one, and those not covered by the Blood of Christ at their deaths, they will indeed meet up with the One who said:

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Mulling these things over, and thinking about all those faceless people who were behind her death, I have to force myself to pray for all their salvations, and be content in the thoughts that those who go to their graves in denial of Christ, they will receive their reward that is far worse than what anyone could ever have done to them in this world. That's not to say that I take pleasure in the death of the wicked, even in the context of their crimes against our family, and so many others, it is enough that God's justice is perfect and just in every way.

I forgive them all, and moments of sadness for her passing, which still surface every now and then, I just lay it all before the Lord, with my tears and prayers intermixed with those of so many other saints in that basin that sits before the throne, the basin of prayers, and the vial of tears of all the saints throughout time.

The enemy of our souls never gives up trying to work up the desire for revenge in our hearts, but resisting him means that he flees every time. I cannot and will not try to steal from the Lord the vengeance that is His alone.

To the King and Lord over all goes all the glory.

Amen

MM

Hello Musicmaster;

Praying for other's salvation who have or may have wronged you is hard, and you're right. God's perfect justice and vengeance is His and it's always best not to steal this from Him.

During the most gruesome and sad times for Hazel and me, the Scriptures seem to fall short, so we have to get a grip because it's these same Scriptures that God's promises get us through everything. But you're right,
it's still hard!

We still remember your late wife and stand by you, brother. But despite what she went through regarding her health, at the end of the day, we are still rejoicing for she is in eternity with the Father, forever and ever.

God bless you, MM, and remember we haven't gone away and have your back.
Love in Christ,
Bob

Thank you, everyone. Although I am married once again, the love we have for a spouse who has passed on that we loved deeply is still intact, and will now (or should not) diminish. Isn't it amazing how, because of Christ, we can love both the one who has passed, and the present spouse. I mean, thinking about the magnitude for the size of that inner vessel that only the Lord can expand to hold that measure of love for those who were/are that close to us...

MM

Back