Abbas : Either Rice Delivers Or I Quit

Dusty

Inactive
Abbas : Either Rice Delivers Or I Quit

Abbas: Either Rice Delivers or I Quit
If efforts by US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to convene a successful Arab–Israeli “peace†conference in Annapolis next month fail to achieve results satisfactory to the “Palestinians,†Palestine Liberation Organization/Palestine Authority [PA] terror chief Mahmoud Abbas [Abu Mazen] will resign. The “terrorist in a tie†reportedly spelled out this threat to Rice during her visit to the Middle East last week.

Israeli analysts predicted that Abbas’s resignation would pave the way “for another round of violence and for the emergence of Al-Qaeda in the Palestinian territories.†The Palestinian Arab side is known for two things when it comes to so-called peace talks with the Israelis: a refusal to make any compromises and the frequent issuing of threats.

After Rice left the region, PA officials in Ramallah described Abbas as “very disappointed†with the outcome of her visit. An official quoted in The Jerusalem Post claimed Abbas and Rice had held “a very tough meeting [during which the PA chairman] threatened to resign and to deliver a public speech that would cause the US political difficulties and earthquakes not only in the Palestinian territories, but among US allies throughout the world as well.â€

The official said Abbas had told Rice that if his “moderate†policies were sidelined, Washington would be forced to deal with a “third intifada.†Abbas had further warned the United States that it would have to face the threat of Al-Qaeda actions in Gaza, which members of Osama Bin Laden’s terror group had already secretly infiltrated.

(By Stan Goodenough, Jerusalem Newswire, October 21, 2007)
http://www.jnewswire.com/article/2199

Prayer Focus
Pray for Condoleezza Rice. Pray that she will not back down in the face of manipulative threats, and that the world will not put their trust in a “terrorist in a tie.â€

Scripture
“Do not say, ‘A conspiracy,’ concerning all that this people call a conspiracy, nor be afraid of their threats, nor be troubledâ€â€¦â€œThis they shall have for their pride, because they have reproached and made arrogant threats against the people of the LORD of hosts. The LORD will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earh†(Isaiah 8:12; Zephaniah 2:10–11a).

NP- I can't see her having lasting sucess as Israel has no partner in forging peace.

Back