Abortion Clinic Protests

Lysander,

The funny thing is, you and I agree on this issue. So I think we're just debating for the sake of debating! ;)

So if it's all right with you, I'm content with just leaving it at that.

Sweet Pea,

I'm sorry. I never intended to insult you. I just felt that you were reacting to what was being said, rather than thinking about it and responding.

I'm truly sorry. Please accept my apology. :love:

I think the bottom line is-- we do not have the right to take a life; to end someone else's life based on our judgment of the persons potential quality of life. God can and does use people for His good and glory regardless of their disabilities.

In the case of a mothers health/ life over that of the baby's? I will take my chances--hypothetically speaking

Sweet Pea,

I'm sorry. I never intended to insult you. I just felt that you were reacting to what was being said, rather than thinking about it and responding.

I'm truly sorry. Please accept my apology. :love:

It's okay. I think we all get heated over these issues. I have put a lot of thought into my position and I truly feel terrible for mother's who have been in the awful situations you describe. In the end, though, we have to follow God's commands.

Creeping along... I'm at 28 minutes. I do agree that the women shown were heartless, but I don't think all women are heartless. I am not excusing them in any way, but I have read stories about some young girls who have been pressured and didn't stand up and say no. They regretted it forever. They know what they did was wrong and if they were able to go back, they would make a different choice. I would say they were truly repentant. On the other hand, there are women who just say, "Oh well. God forgives." That's not true repentance.

Lysander,

The funny thing is, you and I agree on this issue. So I think we're just debating for the sake of debating! ;)

So if it's all right with you, I'm content with just leaving it at that.

Y'know, I have a feeling you're right. :p

As much as we disagree on things, I actually love reading your posts. And I guess I enjoy responding to them. How can I not respond to things? ;)

Y'know, I have a feeling you're right. :p

As much as we disagree on things, I actually love reading your posts. And I guess I enjoy responding to them. How can I not respond to things? ;)
Haha you guys are funny :) I like forums because I think they are a good place to give and get information without the (sometimes) distracting element of human emotion when we debate with our face to face friends.

Not that we are devoid is emotion of course!! :) ;-)
7yhu3a2u.jpg

Follow Up...

The Loud Truth About Abortion Protesters

"“Be a man-stop your woman from killing your baby!”

“Mommy, don’t kill me!”

“You are going to be the father of a dead baby!”

These were just some of the comments being screamed Saturday by protesters standing outside an abortion clinic I visited. These statements, and others like them, were being directed at women and their male companions as they approached the clinic— often by people holding signs that read, “Babies are murdered here” or “Danger! Baby killing zone.”
"

But, there were also these folks....

"Besides this group, there were a few women who would respectfully approach pregnant women in the vein of “sidewalk counselors.” While they were friendly, their agenda was clear: To convince every woman not to have an abortion. They handed out pamphlets explaining alternatives to abortion. They even offered free sonograms to pregnant women in a van parked outside the clinic. As one “counselor” explained to me, “Once a women sees her baby, she will never have an abortion.”"

And these...

"Finally, there was a vigil of about ten people standing hand in hand across the street form the clinic praying quietly. They didn’t engage with anyone but they would pray louder as women approached."

Back