Abortion Ministry

Hey everybody! I'm going to the abortion clinic this weekend with our church's ministry. I'm nervous! I am annoyed with myself that this is the first time doing it... I realize I do a lot of sitting around feeling bad about things instead of taking action. I pray a lot so I guess that's something. Anyway--- has anyone here done this before? The ministry at our church is called Red Door ministry and they have already saved lots of babies! Praise God!! Twins recently!

This issue really hits home with me, I had an abortion and of course, regret it deeply and grieve for the loss and murder of that baby. As soon as I got saved I realized what I had done--- I honestly had no concept of human life or that we were anything more than our physical beings. But it's weird because I was always trying to connect spiritually with darkness when I was young....I guess I was heavily deceived. I take full responsibility for killing my 12week old baby...I have repented and now am a believer...but....It should not have been a choice to begin with. :-(

I am looking forward to using my experience to help others.

I am all for this type of ministry...if done correctly with love involved.

As someone who has also gone through the abortion process as an unsaved individual and on the male side of the spectrum; I would encourage you to approach those about to go through with the process with a message of 'there is another Way'. Let them know they have 'choices', they don't have to do it.

God forgive us....

My church is very loving. They offer to adopt the babies and pay for expenses.

A few people that were ministered to outside planned parenthood now attend the church which is cool.

Hey brother mike, can I post a video here? It's called babies are murdered here... They showed it in our church. It is excellent.

I would ask a mod and check up on the rules. Abortion is a very sensitive and personal issue. Those who are grieving from the process can easily be turned away from the Church by negativity. Those who advocate the process are fueled by 'Christians' touting an agenda.

The best thing we can do is love in deed.

Ok. Hmmm I figured a Christian forum would be a perfect place to share a video advocating life, but I hear ya.

Can I ask though, what do you consider to be negative approaches that the church makes ? I can assure you the only agenda I have in spreading awareness is to prevent women from killing their babies. I think most Christians have the same agenda. What other agenda is there to pro-life ?

I am genuinely curious and I hope I'm not coming off as rude...not my intent at all. Thanks for the info I will check into it. :)

No worries on my part; I only desire to offer you a word of caution and hope you seek wisdom in your ministry. Sometimes speaking only gets us into deep waters, sometimes our mere presence in love is enough to affect change.

I know it sounds like a riddle; but the fact of the matter is you would probably be preaching to the choir here.

The Church is meant to be an outreach of love, oft times I see things produced that are condemning to others-we are not to judge the lost in their actions-but to be a light to attract them away from darkness. How can the Church do that with a message that is pointing out all the faults of society?

I am willing to say that the majority of people walking into an abortion clinic have something in them screaming loud and clear that what they are about to do is wrong. But they suppress it-I did. I knew we were wrong-but I let the the things of this world oppress the Spirit-even as an unsaved individual.

Maybe if someone was at the door saying-"there is another way, life is precious, let us help you, let us serve you. Let us take your burden..."

Maybe I would be playing ball with my 9 year old son?

Life is precious, we take it for granted as we breath.

People need hope, encouragement & love: not statistics and condemning scriptures. Just be love to the lost...we are all they have, and if we don't do the job? Who will? Without salvation the next stop is hell. Give them what they long for, what the are missing; 'truth in love'.

Absolutely. I agree with everything you said thank you for your words and encouragement. I'm grateful to be part if a church that does precisely what you stated above...

Hey everybody! I'm going to the abortion clinic this weekend with our church's ministry. I'm nervous! I am annoyed with myself that this is the first time doing it... I realize I do a lot of sitting around feeling bad about things instead of taking action. I pray a lot so I guess that's something. Anyway--- has anyone here done this before? The ministry at our church is called Red Door ministry and they have already saved lots of babies! Praise God!! Twins recently!

This issue really hits home with me, I had an abortion and of course, regret it deeply and grieve for the loss and murder of that baby. As soon as I got saved I realized what I had done--- I honestly had no concept of human life or that we were anything more than our physical beings. But it's weird because I was always trying to connect spiritually with darkness when I was young....I guess I was heavily deceived. I take full responsibility for killing my 12week old baby...I have repented and now am a believer...but....It should not have been a choice to begin with. :-(

I am looking forward to using my experience to help others.

You could not take responsibility for Murder, for you could not pay the permanently for it, nor is it written that you ever committed Murder having those ordinances wiped away from you.

You can't make up for it working for Red Door ministry as Jesus paid full price for you.

Be sure you do what the Lord said do, and not because of something that Jesus bore the punishment for. In doing so, your faith in forgiveness is based on your work and your already forgiven.

We do things for the Lord out of Love and obedience, not out of some hidden hurt and obligation. That path of obligation will lead us back into not being good enough for the Lord. We are not led by emotion but by the Spirit of the Lord. Keep working and help many but consider these things and help others to just let it go, it's Washed in the Blood.

your baby is also fine, you will seem them soon enough, just do what your suppose to do with the short time we have here.

blessings.

Thank you Michael:) I know I am forgiven. My regret over what I did to my baby is separate from my desire to serve in this ministry. I recently have felt pulled to DO SOMETHING about this horrifying evil. It does have to do with mine in a way; because I don't want other women to go thru the pain and regret I did. For me, this is not a works for salvation AT ALL! I never thought I could serve in this type of ministry...

Thank you Michael:) I know I am forgiven. My regret over what I did to my baby is separate from my desire to serve in this ministry. I recently have felt pulled to DO SOMETHING about this horrifying evil. It does have to do with mine in a way; because I don't want other women to go thru the pain and regret I did. For me, this is not a works for salvation AT ALL! I never thought I could serve in this type of ministry...

Yes, your child is with the Father and learning. They just don't grow up but are well taken care of and getting full knowledge of many things. More than you will know when you get to see them again.

As long as past mistakes are not the driving force behind what we do for the Lord then all is good. We are not to remember our past sins as the Lord certainly will not. Let others know the same for it can end up works in bondage to past mistakes. We could never pay the price for any sin no matter how many old ladies we helped across the street in a week. (Not saying helping old ladies cross the street is a bad thing)

Share with them your pain of your choice, let them know there are better choices than to have that guilt come to you as the enemy will use that to torment.

Your blessed.

I am so thankful to know that my baby is with God-- I think about it a lot :) thank you :)

Allie... this is a most wonderful thing you are doing, and God blesses those that stand up for Him and His little ones... know that there are lots of people that do this for many reasons, either they had an abortion or have seen how horribly the child's life is ended giving them impetus to get up and do and make known to those who are blindly walking into the den of monsters to take their babies from them... these are all good people, and like you are horrified and now see the truth and will make the truth known to all. Let all know what you do, let all be aware that you are against abortion, you don't have to specify why but the more people see the pro-life anti-abortion movement the more they will open their eyes and think more than once about going thru it. There is only one motive and that is to bring to light that abortion is genocide and like in Babylon these babies are being killed not just for the 'comfort' of the mother but also for cosmetic and use in scientific experiments, and there is too much money being made by destroying the life of the child, which is horrendous when one thinks about it...

Dr. Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King is one of the outspoken civil rights leader against this genocide, she is also one who has had two abortions, has given a testimony that she was not leading a good life at the time and was in a blind state of mind when she had the abortions... she is wonderful in preaching the healing process, and like most she is now a devoted pro-LIFE minister and speaks to everyone and everywhere :

Dr. Alveda C. King
Connect with Alveda

Pastoral Associate, Priests for Life
Director, African American Outreach
alvedaking.jpg

Dr. Alveda C. King works toward her purpose in life, to glorify God.

Dr. King currently serves as a Pastoral Associate and Director of African-American Outreach for Priests for Life and Gospel of Life Ministries. She is also a voice for the Silent No More Awareness Campaign, sharing her testimony of two abortions, God’s forgiveness, and healing.

The daughter of the late civil rights activist Rev. A.D. King and his wife Naomi Barber King, Alveda grew up in the civil rights movement led by her uncle, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Her family home in Birmingham, Alabama, was bombed, as was her father’s church office in Louisville, Kentucky. Alveda was jailed during the open housing movement. She sees the prolife movement as a continuation of the civil rights struggle.

Dr. King is a former college professor and served in the Georgia State House of Representatives. She is a recipient of the Life Prize Award (2011), the Cardinal John O’Connor Pro-Life Hall of Fame Award (2011) from the Legatus organization and the Civil Rights Award from Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) (2011). She is a bestselling author; among her books are How Can the Dream Survive if we Murder the Children? and I Don’t Want Your Man, I Want My Own. She is an accomplished actress and songwriter. The Founder of King for America, Inc., Alveda is also the recipient of an honorary Doctorate of Laws degree from Saint Anselm College. She has served on several boards, including Heartbeat International, Georgia Right to Life, MLK Center, Bible Curriculum in Public Schools and Abortion Recovery International (ARIN). She is also a member of the National Black Prolife Coalition (NBPC).

Dr. King lives in Atlanta, where she is the grateful mother of six and a doting grandmother.

God bless you Allie...

God bless you, Allie.

Abortion, as it seems to me, may be one of the biggest issues this world is dealing with right now, as it's a silent genocide.

"Hey everybody! I'm going to the abortion clinic this weekend with our church's ministry."

Thats amazing the Lord is leading you to do such a ministry. What an important thing to do.

Back