About enemies

About enemies

Does god punish our enemies? What does this phrase mean "the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared"?

Or what happens when you forgive someone, do they still continue sinning?

I think that someone has it very bad after they treat a christian rudely.

Personally I do firmly believe God fights the battles for His children. We are to have an attitude of forgivness. If someone wrongs you remember that if they do not have the light of God's freedom then they are bound in darkness and torment. This will help you to see them thru His eyes and help your heart to be merciful towards them. God asks us to love our enemies, to care about their eternity and to show them His light and love. This love will either cause them to be drawn to Him or heap judgement on them- the choice is clearly theirs.

Yes Boanerges, but I don't cross paths with them anymore. In other words, why should I praying for someone I never see or will never see again. It's not worth it. I would much rather pray for an enemy whom I see at a daily basis, if there was such a thing. Like I said, I'm not an enemy person.

Pray for them, forgive them and release them into God's hands. We must all move forward with our lives.
But if they do come to mind pray both for them and for God to help you to both forgive them and receive healing in that area of your life.
God tells us to forgive. If we do not then we carry that weight around on the inside. The offender may forget the situation but we still carry that weight. If we keep adding them up soon our spirit gets heavy from carrying a burden we were never intended to bear. There is much freedom in forgiveness!
Blessings on your day, brother Larry

As Christians, are we even supposed to have enemies? I mean, once we forgive them (which Christians should do), and love them (which Jesus commanded), then they're no longer our enemies, right?

There's a scene in "Saved" when Hilary is down on her knees praying for God to do all sorts of terrible things to her enemies. Made me laugh out loud; this isn't what they mean when they say pray for your enemies, is it?

It makes me wonder about my own enemies...and who has a hold on who.:confused:

Jesus said the world would always hate Him and His people:
Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Joh 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

If even the great Apostle of Christ Paul had enemies I think we will too. Just make sure that you are hated for the sake of the Kingom of God and not because of evil that you have done.

Back