About Jesus’ Warning To Members Of Today’s Laodicean Church

Where do you get that? Jesus speaks of hot and cold each without being disparaging. But, you speak of the law with absolute contempt. So, how can you think Jesus is speaking about the law vs. grace? It's only lukewarmness that Jesus shows contempt for.

It sounds like the church of Laodicea was like a lot of modern mega-churches. The people were well off an comfortable, and didn't feel the need to repent or anything, like they also had contempt for the law? "Repent? What for? That's legalism!"
No its clearly these folks who mix law and grace, and I have made several biblical points that show this.

The church of Laodicea in Revelation 3 referred to a literal city that was established along the trade rout in Asia Minor called, Laodicea, and that committed to self-rule. Secular rule. Nothing of God about its governance or laws. That's why it was in the Revelation parable. Laodicea = Strong’s #2992 "Laos" - People & dike- (Strong’s #1349) = Haughty, proud. (Laodicea = proud people).
Right it is those who "boast" in works that are proud, but in grace there is no confidence or boasting in the flesh.

Jesus gives the interpretation of the parable of the "sower" Here is one groups of people that resembles these here in Revelations.
And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
IMO, if you check, you will find that most scholars, commentators, etc.
believe that NOT only Group #4 were BACs.
#1 ... never believe
#2 ... believe for a while
#3 ... believe? but bear no fruit to maturity
#4 ... bear fruit with patience

IMO, if you check, you will find that most scholars, commentators, etc.
believe that NOT only Group #4 were BACs.
#1 ... never believe
#2 ... believe for a while
#3 ... believe? but bear no fruit to maturity
#4 ... bear fruit with patience

The very first fruit that is ever produced in someone who has received the Word is the new birth.
Being born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God. There is no such a thing as partial new birth.
Remember for as many as received him (the Word) to them gave he power to become a son of God. Receiving the Word only gives you power to become a child of God. If you never exercise that power you never become one.

The very first fruit that is ever produced in someone who has received the Word is the new birth.
I just cannot remember anything about fruit producing
that is not about some person doing it, or failing to do it.
I'm gonna have to sit down and read the word all over again.

Becoming a Christian, or child of God is like seed being planted in the ground. Once the seed in planted it must be cared for so that the cares of this world or the deceitfulness of riches, or the lusts of other things enter in and prevents the fruit from being produced. Once the fruit is brought forth that person becomes born again of the seed of the Word of God through the Spirit of God. The fruit that is produced does come from the person, as it is the fruit of the Word. That tree, or vine can never at any time produce bad fruit, because the Word can never produce bad fruit. In the parable of the sower there is no such a person who ever produced good fruit and then produced bad fruit or ever became fruitless because it is the seed in the Word that produces more fruit not the person. As Jesus tells us....

Matt 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Does a tree "do" any works to produce fruit? Yes maybe you should read some more.

1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;
and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me,
and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered;
and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned."

The above is simply a warning to believers who can read and understand what is being said.
Any takers? ... Probably not, only whiners and complainers!

Waaaaah, he wants to take my cheap grace from me ...
and replace it with some accountability, co-operation, and obedience!
Waaaaah, Mommy he's not a nice man!
Our pastor promised we're good to go! Waaaaah!

Gal 1:6
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7
Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
We all thankest thee mucho ...

ROFLSmiley.gif

1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;
and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me,
and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered;
and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned."

I agree that we can lose our salvation, but you are making it seem like keeping it is shallow / works based.

Vs 4 answers / provides context for vs 2. ''Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me''.

'Abiding in Him' can be seen as simply being a 'true' BAC. This parable could also be taken with Matt 7:22 and many could be forgiven for assuming it is speaking of unsaved with saved. There are many 'unsaved / pharisees' in church.

I think we need to properly discuss... How do we stop ''abiding in Him''?
Yes, this is the tough question ... Just what is required?

IMO, it is similar to being "in Christ", or not.
I cannot decide if being "in Christ" refers to
just a (lukewarm) BAC ... or ... a faithful, obedient, etc. BAC.

Does a tree "do" any works to produce fruit? Yes maybe you should read some more.

Why yes it does work.

It converts sunlight into sugars that it uses to grow and mature into a fruit producer.

And so it is the way with people depending on what they are given to create that fruit.

Light from God, good fruit.
Darkness from sin, bad fruit.

Fruit involves work. There is no parthenogenesis.

Back