Accessing a pdf on my iPhone

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

I'm not going to have access to wifi or the internet for about 2 weeks starting this Sunday.

A pdf of coupons that I will need for purchasing was emailed to me. Am I still able to open received email though I won't have access to wifi or internet? Or how do, or where do I need to save the pdf on my iPhone?

I have until Saturday evening to figure this out. I appreciate any tips (especially if you're a GenZ.) lol!

God bless you all.

bobinfaith , Are you talking about printing these coupons? Do you have a phone and a router? You can change cellular to wifi through a router and you can set your phone as a hotspot thus broadcasting wifi. Perhaps Panda can steer you in the right direction here. I'm more of guesswork and possibilities, ...enough to be dangerous. lol

Hi Bob. Do you mean you won't have Internet at your home or from your phone? The two aren't the same. If your home Internet is down, you can still access Internet via your phone and, as Crossnote said, you can use your phone to create a mobile hotspot (i.e WiFi) that your PC can use.

As for PDF files, if it's an email attachment you should be able to download it to your phone's local storage then locate it using whatever file browser app is installed on your device.

Hello brothers and sisters;

I'm not going to have access to wifi or the internet for about 2 weeks starting this Sunday.

A pdf of coupons that I will need for purchasing was emailed to me. Am I still able to open received email though I won't have access to wifi or internet? Or how do, or where do I need to save the pdf on my iPhone?

I have until Saturday evening to figure this out. I appreciate any tips (especially if you're a GenZ.) lol!

God bless you all.
If it was emailed as a pdf attachment, you should go to your email that was sent to you, and there should be an option to download the attachment as a pdf. After you download it, turn off your wifi connection on your phone and then try to open the pdf on the phone. If it opens, then you should be good to go.

If that doesn't work, as a last resort, open the pdf in the email. Get the best view of it you can with the bar code visible on screen. Then use a screen capture if you can or another phone to take a picture of the coupon while it is opened on the first phone.

bobinfaith , Are you talking about printing these coupons? Do you have a phone and a router? You can change cellular to wifi through a router and you can set your phone as a hotspot thus broadcasting wifi. Perhaps Panda can steer you in the right direction here. I'm more of guesswork and possibilities, ...enough to be dangerous. lol
Hi Bob. Do you mean you won't have Internet at your home or from your phone? The two aren't the same. If your home Internet is down, you can still access Internet via your phone and, as Crossnote said, you can use your phone to create a mobile hotspot (i.e WiFi) that your PC can use.

As for PDF files, if it's an email attachment you should be able to download it to your phone's local storage then locate it using whatever file browser app is installed on your device.

If that doesn't work, as a last resort, open the pdf in the email. Get the best view of it you can with the bar code visible on screen. Then use a screen capture if you can or another phone to take a picture of the coupon while it is opened on the first phone.

Hey brothers;

I'm sorry I should have been more specific as I was going to post later in the https://christianforumsite.com/forums/favorite-places-to-travel.185/
forum.

My wife and I are going on a cruise this Sunday so I'm going to shut down all electronics / wifi / internet for 11 days while on vacation.

The coupon book pdf is in my email. Normally I know how to save it in a file on my desktop Apple. But I've never needed to do this on my iPhone so I don't know where to save it.

I'll try Big Moose's suggestion. Any other tips is also appreciated.

God bless you all and thank you.

The cruise ship probably ha WiFi.
Agreed, but public wifi, where you'd want to bring VPN along.

Hey LearningToLetGo and crossnote;

Thank you for replying. It will cost us $25.00 - $30.00 per day, so multiply that by 11 days is too much for us. Besides, I decided to take a break from all electronics.

It was only the discount coupons emailed via pdf that I wanted to open and use for the souvenir shops on the ship or an excursion.

God bless you both.

bobinfaith , if they are in your email, can you print them out from your laptop or desktop? Can you forward them to a computer via email with a printer?

Hello crossnote;

The coupons were like 23 pages but I dug a little deeper found 2 pages of coupons (like tickets) that helped me, so I printed them out and am all set.

God bless you and thanks.

Hey LearningToLetGo and crossnote;

Thank you for replying. It will cost us $25.00 - $30.00 per day, so multiply that by 11 days is too much for us. Besides, I decided to take a break from all electronics.

It was only the discount coupons emailed via pdf that I wanted to open and use for the souvenir shops on the ship or an excursion.

God bless you both.
Did you say where you are headed?

Rtm

Did you say where you are headed?

Rtm
Good morning, rtm3039;

We leave for Alaska and Canada this Sunday after Church.

God bless you, brother.

Back