Actors Are Evil..

I agree, I don't think that would be a sin. But if you are playing Hitler, and you kiss someone in any of the scenes, and you are married, I would say you sinned.
How is playing Hitler not pushing the boundaries? Hitler tortured kids, gassed Jews and slaughtered Poles and Russians. Now we...a Christian ambassador...want people to identify Jesus (us) with that role. Our Christian light is shining for Jesus at our work place...in Hitlers shoes....:rolleyes:.

Glo, you have that 100% wrong.

Our Father is either God or the devil. There is no neutral ground for those past the age of accountability.

Rebellion = rebellion. There are levels of rebellion and all levels = evil in God's books.

I really do not like the definition 'evil = lack of good or dark = lack of light' with regards to God. 'Evil' is a state of heart rebellion to God. Adding good works to that state is considered dead works for a reason.

However... clearly we are seeing the same thing from different angles. The atheists, Jews, agnostics etc are alive for a reason. A satanic nature / being in a state of rebellion / evil does not equal all hope is lost.

It is as simple as scaling evil / rebellion. The OT shows this as clear as daylight. Look at God's anger level with idolaters in Exodus 32. Then compare that to His toleration and patience with Nineveh. All evil, yet some more evil.

It is not misguided or subjects of imprudence. When you know X is wrong and Y is right it is a willful act of rebellion / giving in to sin. A decision to be evil / jump in mud. There are acts of imprudence, sure, but age of accountability = age of accountability and brains = accountable.
I don't agree with the age of accountability because that is completely generic and putting everyone in a box. But, I do agree with accountability, and I believe only God knows who truly is accountable and who really doesn't understand what they're doing.

I'm not Polly but I can say that calling others evil is very hypocritical and judgmental, Matthew 7:5 is a good verse.
Matthew 7:5 says "First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

I don't believe that this verse is saying to call someone evil is hypocritical. I believe it's saying to be a hypocrite is hypocritical. Remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

For me an example of this would be.. If I tried to talk to my friend about how drinking is wrong who is only having a beer once a week, but at the same time I was drinking hard alcohol everyday. That would be very hypocritical and would be a plank in my eye while my friend only had a speck.

Matthew 7:5 says "First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

I don't believe that this verse is saying to call someone evil is hypocritical. I believe it's saying to be a hypocrite is hypocritical. Remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

For me an example of this would be.. If I tried to talk to my friend about how drinking is wrong who is only having a beer once a week, but at the same time I was drinking hard alcohol everyday. That would be very hypocritical and would be a plank in my eye while my friend only had a speck.
Right, but we are all sinful so judging someone else of their sins is pointless. I'm not saying you need to agree with what they do or avoid talking to them about what you disagree with, only that you shouldn't judge them, that's God's job.

Right, but we are all sinful so judging someone else of their sins is pointless. I'm not saying you need to agree with what they do or avoid talking to them about what you disagree with, only that you shouldn't judge them, that's God's job.
I'm not judging anyone specifically. I'm only speaking in general.

Last edited:
Back