Acts 16:16-18

Has anyone come across something like this in church, where someone interrupts the service by shouting out? If so did the pastor do what Paul did?

When I was in junior high I remember a native american would let out a scream, like a native war cry, during service. He did this almost every service. I remember he was asked to stop after one service and he never returned. Was this caused by a demon to disrupt the service? Thought this would be an interesting topic.

Has anyone come across something like this in church, where someone interrupts the service by shouting out? If so did the pastor do what Paul did?

When I was in junior high I remember a native american would let out a scream, like a native war cry, during service. He did this almost every service. I remember he was asked to stop after one service and he never returned. Was this caused by a demon to disrupt the service? Thought this would be an interesting topic.

Hard to tell. There's really not enough information to do any analysis. He may well have been prompted by a demon.
His behavior was disruptive, and meant to be so. But, I must raise Occam's Razor, and say that there is no evidence of any actor
other than the native american.

While it is possible, I would more likely think he was drawing attention to himself as being "holy" and "filled with the Spirit". There is a time and place for that, but Paul says:

1 Corinthians 14:40 (KJV)
Let all things be done decently and in order.

I just basically used that as an example. Anyone else ever see anything like this where the minister had to correct them like paul did?

Back