Acts to Revelations (The World of the First Christians)

I've just received this dvd collection as a partnership gift, and it is awesome. It's by a guy called Dave Stotts, an American, so I'm also pretty sure that many of you have already seen it on TV, but I haven't. It's amazing. I've been reading Acts as I've been following it and it's explained so much to me. Watch it!

I've just received this dvd collection as a partnership gift, and it is awesome. It's by a guy called Dave Stotts, an American, so I'm also pretty sure that many of you have already seen it on TV, but I haven't. It's amazing. I've been reading Acts as I've been following it and it's explained so much to me. Watch it!

Sounds good but at this time all i l now about this guy is he made a lot of media. Before we allow his thoughts into our beings - we will need to pray and see if Our Father would agree.

Thank you for sharing

The series is more of a 'travel guide' to various sites mentioned in the Bible. Where things happened etc. I would really like to visit these places, and hopefully one day I will. It has helped me to actually visualise what it is I'm reading. My ultimate goal would be to be reading Acts, and to actually be standing in the place where these things happened.

For example, we've heard about Anne Boleyn and how mad Henry VIII had her head 'removed'. But when you actually stand inside the Tower of London in the exact spot, it becomes real. Quite horribly so. You can feel the history. It's not just a story anymore. I find things like this to be a very emotional experience.

The series is more of a 'travel guide' to various sites mentioned in the Bible. Where things happened etc. I would really like to visit these places, and hopefully one day I will. It has helped me to actually visualise what it is I'm reading. My ultimate goal would be to be reading Acts, and to actually be standing in the place where these things happened.

For example, we've heard about Anne Boleyn and how mad Henry VIII had her head 'removed'. But when you actually stand inside the Tower of London in the exact spot, it becomes real. Quite horribly so. You can feel the history. It's not just a story anymore. I find things like this to be a very emotional experience.
Not heard of this one, I remember watching a series called 'that the world may know' and the narrator/guide took you on a tour of Israel. Ray Vander Laan was his name.

Also Charles Heston (the guy who played Moses in the movie the Ten Commandments) has also done a series telling the Bible and he reads it from several sites in Israel.

I think you're thinking of Charlton Heston. All the American movie enthusiasts will be spinning their little heads off around about now:) But yes, I know what you mean. Do you have any plans to travel?

Because I seriously do. I travelled alot before I married and had kids. My children pretty much ended that lol. But now they're both preparing to leave home... I'll soon be free again... and I don't want to spend money on 'stuff', I'd rather spend it on experiences. But maybe gentler experiences, because I'm not quite as young as a used to be, even though I think I am xxx

I hope to travel again next year but no definite plans as of yet. Depends on job situation.
Apparently my church used to have regular trips to Israel as we had elders that organised it bit they getting on and dont do it anymore. I'd like to go in a group perhaps, or go where Paul travelled on his missionary journeys. Or even go on a mission, maybe to Fiji, but have to see what God says.

Back