Adam, A Living Soul

G'day there Major.
It seems to me that much is being built on the fact that unlike (other) parables, Jesus mentions specific names......good point I think, until one inquires about the true and specific identity of 'the rich man'. Did he not also have a name?
Or would any rich guy do? Then why would not any poor guy do also?

It is of some interest to me that the only undeniably historically true Lazarus we meet in scripture was Jesus' friend who incidentally was rich, not poor!
I hope you or some one else here can explain why Abraham, Moses and Lazarus are named specifically as historic persons, yet the rich guy has no historic identity. Also what was the historic identity of Lazarus (the poor guy)?
It seems right to me that the original hearers of Jesus' words should know of the 'poor' and sickly Lazarus just as they would know of Abraham and Moses.
Now I ask this (not of you only Major) because if the name Lazarus was as meaningless to those people then as it is to us now, where does it really leave us in our quest to understand this matter?
I trust that my questions have not been dealt with in detail before, as I must confess to having only read the last two pages of this thread.

Good points all. I looked up the name "Lazarus" and it means ......God Helps.
IMO it is the real name of a man because later another Lazarus would come back from the dead.

Now the Bible fact is that the later Lazarus who came back from the dead and the religious leaders of that day wanted to kill him which actually confirms what Abraham said to Lazarus in torments.

Luke 16:31.......
"And he said unto him, if they hear not Moses and the prophets neither will they be persuaded though one rose from the dead".

In that way, since a real name was used to describe a real man, it confirms the Bible teaching that Hel is a real place just as the man is a real man.

When God created man, he started with the body which was made from the dust of the earth. So the container was the first to be created. In Scripture, it is called a temple, John 2:19, 21.
The word says that God breathed into Adams body, and Adam became a living soul. So, we have a body and a soul. The soul is made of the will, the mind and the motions. Adam was purely Soulish, first Corinthian's 15:45–46.

Did you notice that the first was not spiritual? Adam was a living soul, with no god–spirit.
Because God, who is a turtle breathed into Adams body, Adam soul is eternal also. The amplified Bible has something to say about God's man and eternity: " he has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in man's heart and minds, a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy, yet so that man cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end" Ecclesiastes 3:11.

Inside every human body dwells a soul that connects him with Almighty God. Some have chosen not to believe this or to be true, and so their souls are not satisfied by God. Others have believed and so by learning from God enter into rest well satisfied. Amen.
So, God breathed into Adams body, the body comes alive, and now Adam can think reason and have emotions. Adam Can now will. But Adam is a created being, he is not birthed of God. Adam is not a son to anyone. He is just an innocent, Soulish man.
When Adam sins it is a Soulish sin. He willed to sin against God, and here Satan's seed enters into Adam. Satan's seed makes Adam his child. Adam is spiritually dead.
He must be born again. So, now we have a body from the dust of the ground in a soul with the wisdom of the world and the spirit born of Satan. Those who are not reborn by the Spirit of God are still born by Satan. These have a mind Full of the wisdom of the world. They are led by the senses, the motions, the will of their father, Satan. The old man is born and will live in the lives of mankind until he understands that he was nailed to the cross of Christ in rendered powerless.
How do you come to the conclusion Adam's body was formed first after carefully reading chapter 1&2 of Genesis together? Chapter 1 seems to indicate man was made in the image of God so he created them male and female in the image of God created he them. That would imply our image and likeness of God being apart from a body.

How do you come to the conclusion Adam's body was formed first after carefully reading chapter 1&2 of Genesis together? Chapter 1 seems to indicate man was made in the image of God so he created them male and female in the image of God created he them. That would imply our image and likeness of God being apart from a body.
Welcome to the forum. It's customary to introduce yourself in the new members section, but since this is your first post, I ask you to take some time and go over the Community Rules. If you have any questions, just ask. Again, welcome! :D

Welcome to the forum. It's customary to introduce yourself in the new members section, but since this is your first post, I ask you to take some time and go over the Community Rules. If you have any questions, just ask. Again, welcome! :D
Ok: Was there anything I asked or commented that came off as arrogant or rude?
As to my involvement to the particular discussion, it was in response chiefly to the presupposition of the body created first based on a order in Genesis 2. The rest was a comment to as to why I asked since Genesis 1 has us created both male and female in His image and likeness. I read the bible too and when there is time for this I would like the opportunity to involve myself. I need the truth and don't need to be express that I'm right on any matter. I need to be corrected when wrong, love rejoices with the truth. We all know that the bible teaches, if we know something it is because we received it from the truth himself. ( Our Lord Jesus by the Spirit of Truth whom he has baptized us with into his body)
Thanks for your patience.
Joey

Adam was formed from the dust of the earth....first. Woman was formed out of Adam's rib. Therefore, the male was created first, according to Genesis.

Ok: Was there anything I asked or commented that came off as arrogant or rude?
As to my involvement to the particular discussion, it was in response chiefly to the presupposition of the body created first based on a order in Genesis 2. The rest was a comment to as to why I asked since Genesis 1 has us created both male and female in His image and likeness. I read the bible too and when there is time for this I would like the opportunity to involve myself. I need the truth and don't need to be express that I'm right on any matter. I need to be corrected when wrong, love rejoices with the truth. We all know that the bible teaches, if we know something it is because we received it from the truth himself. ( Our Lord Jesus by the Spirit of Truth whom he has baptized us with into his body)
Thanks for your patience.
Joey
You did nothing wrong. It's customary to welcome people to the forum and as a moderator it is our job to ensure compliance to the community rules. I saw that this was your first posting and took the opportunity to welcome you. That's all. As to your questions, Euphemia answered it nicely. God bless.

My understanding is, Genesis 1:26–27, is what God did. Genesis 2:7, 22 is how God did it.

Are you saying that God made man in His (Our) image, and since John 4:24 Jesus says God is a spirit, then God made Adam's spirit in His likeness first, then made a body for him? If that is the case, I don't think the others got that.

Hello @Isaiah19,

I looked up Isaiah chapter nineteen, thinking that your user name represented something that you wanted to be identified with, and found that it dealt with 'the burden of Egypt,' so I guess it has some other significance. :) Unless you are an Egyption of course!

Welcome aboard anyway.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Back