Adam and Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam and Eve

King James Version
Genesis
2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

I have some questions concerning these verses.

My questions are...

1. What is the original translation for the 'knowing of good and evil' in Hebrew (is the Genesis originally worded in Hebrew?)? Does it mean 'experience' or 'have knowledge of'? Or does it mean neither?

2. If Adam and Eve did not 'have knowledge of' what good and evil was, why would they be judged for disobeying God because they 'did not know' that they were sinning?

3. What exactly does the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil do?

Thank you for your opinions.

Note: If the Moderator Team finds it appropriate to move this thread to private discussions, please do so.

Mustardseed - the link below IS accurate based upon the original Hebrew language before the King James translators messed it up as they did.

I have gone through this study and found it to be one of the most accurate that I have found... in English language that most Bible students can relate to. Please read it in it's entirety and do not be hesitant to check up on the various verses used as reference. Take those verses back to the original languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek by using a good quality Strong's Concordance to VERIFY that what is being told in the following study is accurate. I have done that myself, and it is accurate.

http://www.biblestudygames.com/biblestudies/gardenofeden.htm

I hope I am posting this correctly.
Here is free tool link that may help with the Hebrew and Greek.

http://www.tgm.org/bible.htm

I also have a question which I hope is in reference to Adam and Eve.
Is there any where in the Bible where God defines why man was created from dust, but all other creatures were spoken into existence? Thank you.

i believe satan corrupted the beginning.jesus says God the father made men and women.so the old lord was evil.read it it says earth and heaven.why would God make a flood to stop satan.the word explains it.read it then read back.

I haven't clicked on any of the above links yet, but God DID warn Adam and Eve.

He told them they could eat of all the trees but this one.
I think it boils down to disobedience.

Whether the tree was actually evil......
it was the tree that stood for the choice Adam and Eve had to make.

Eve chose to eat from the tree, being disobedient and her husband followed.

God gave a temptation and a demand.

Man was weak and gave into this temptation, disobeying God.

I have done some study in the bible, but I know there is much that is not being revealed to me, either because I do not dig deep enough or I am to distant from God. I pray it is NOT the later.
When the Bible speaks of "Do not eat of the tree in the center of the garden", is this a literal tree?
If this is so and the human heart could not resist a simple piece of fruit it is no wonder that only God, Himself had to save us from ourselves.Were we being prepared for a much larger test of our obedience and faith some 2000 years later. If this is not a correct interpretaion, than what is the tree that is being referred to?

Thank you Pastor Gary, I have read this before and I thought this was not correct and others have told me this belief was way off. I read through most of this ,but I intend on reading it through to the end. I never applied Cain to this interpretation, but that open something up. Thank you.

Another quick question? When God flooded the earth Noah was told to bring his family and certain animals aboard for worship among other reasons, but what happened to sea life? I always though well, it is water so they were fine, but then I read this section of Genesis and I started to winder. Could you help mw with this verse? Thank you

For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth. Genesis 7:4

Freedom 07 - these links below will also help you to understand the happenings in that time period. Please remember a couple of things. God's orders for Noah, as found in the original Hebrew language, were to take "two of every flesh". Noah had 8 Adamic souls on board the Ark - his relatives who had not yet 'mixed' with the Fallen Angels or their (giant hybrid) offspring. The "Fallen Angels" - those who were with Satan and followed Satan, refused to be born of woman and rather came to earth to seduce woman. The reason for the flood, in the Original Hebrew, was to kill the giants (offspring of the Fallen Angels and flesh women here on earth) so they could not pollute the seed line through which Christ would come.

If you look at the geneaology of Christ from the Book of Luke 3:23-38 (KJV), you will see that in verse 36, Noah's ('Noe' in the KJV) part of the geneaology is listed and was NOT compromised, due to the 'giants' being killed in the flood. Keep those things in mind when you read the studies by the same author as the previous one. These are scripturally accurate from the Original Hebrew language... Blessings to you and enjoy your studies...

http://www.biblestudygames.com/biblestudies/faq/noah.htm

and follow up with this:

http://www.biblestudygames.com/biblestudies/daysofnoah.htm

`

Before the fall Adam and Eve followed God in all His ways and commands totally dependant on and in complete submission to Him - after the fall just like satan they began to exault themselves and their own desires and ambitions using their own judgement to determine their lives path- the rest is history.

Fallen Angels or their (giant hybrid) offspring. The "Fallen Angels" - those who were with Satan and followed Satan

Not trying to hijack the post, just a quick question. Where does it say in the Bible that these were fallen angels, or that Satan was a fallen angel?

In the King James Version, they are almost universally referred to in scripture as "the sons of God".

By using any good Bible search engine, just enter in "sons of God" and you will be taken to verses such as:

Genesis 6:2, Genesis 6:4, Job 1:6, Job 2:1, Job 38:7 and many MORE verses that almost always refer to the 'fallen angels' as the 'sons of God'.

ok, thank you, I was trying to look in the search engine that's on this site, and I didn't have any clue what exactly to type in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back