Adapting stories for screen

Hey Lanolin;

Ed McVey plays Prince William. Is The Crown 6 seasons and a Netflix series?

I'm sure my wife would love to watch this.
Yep
mum and I binged watched on Netflix so took us a couple of weeks.

Some of it goes over my head - the British politics - but its interesting to see the Royals being played by others. I was a bit disappointed that Fergie wasn't in it much at all.

My favourite was Helena Bonham Carter playing Princess Margaret.

We are watching The Windsors now. It's a parody, but there's a bit of salty language in it so, don't expect it to be reverential. This one actually has Fergie and her daughters who steal every scene they are in.

It picks up where the Crown ends and doesn't feature the Queen at all but there's the occasional rude missive from Prince Phillip.

We are watching The Windsors now. It's a parody, but there's a bit of salty language in it so, don't expect it to be reverential. This one actually has Fergie and her daughters who steal every scene they are in.

It picks up where the Crown ends and doesn't feature the Queen at all but there's the occasional rude missive from Prince Phillip.
It's hard to turn a book into a movie or TV series. It could turn out good, though at times I think Hollywood is only interested in making money.

Hello Lanolin and Jasmine_Princess;

When I think of the reverse, I don't recall a movie ever turned into a book.

Do you know of any?

Then of course, Hollywood isn't always accurate. I even seen some religious films but they're not always Biblically accurate. Even some of the successful like Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings film trilogy are really good, though not a 100% accurate to the JRR Tolkien books.

You would think that the filmmakers would at least do their homework or careful study.

Back