Addicted to forums

Are forums just another addiction we can add to the big list of addictions.

Some might say forums are controlled by fleshly desires and are not of God, including Christian forums.

Your thoughts.

I would say that the academic side of Christianity can become an "addiction" of sorts, in that you can become obsessed with knowledge (including defending your "knowledge" in debates), instead of putting your knowledge into action. I think if the way we spend our time pulls us away from "doing" in favor of simply "knowing," it's probably fairly reasonable to think of that as a type of addiction. People do come here to discuss doctrine, or even to proselytize, but also for support, encouragement, and discipleship: essentially, to be the Church to each other.

James 1
22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

I don't know about forums - I only post on CFS. And I have learned valueable things through here. I find myself, late in life, not just starving but ravenous for truth. I confess: I'm addicted to scripture/truth and talking about God. And I think that will have me living eternally.

Are forums just another addiction we can add to the big list of addictions.

Some might say forums are controlled by fleshly desires and are not of God, including Christian forums.

Your thoughts.
I believe anyone can become addicted to anything. Facebook, forum sites, Twitter, junk food, excessively working out, air (the last one was a joke). It doesn't matter if it's a Christian website or not, one can still become addicted.

I don't know about forums - I only post on CFS. And I have learned valueable things through here. I find myself, late in life, not just starving but ravenous for truth. I confess: I'm addicted to scripture/truth and talking about God. And I think that will have me living eternally.

And that is a good thing!

Ecclesiastes 3
1 For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
2 A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
3 A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4 A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
6 A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7 A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
8 A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace

And there is a time to be on CFS and not :D :D :D

Ecclesiastes 3
1 For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
2 A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
3 A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4 A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
6 A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7 A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
8 A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace

And there is a time to be on CFS and not :D :D :D

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think forums are an excellent way to connect with other Christians and spread God's word.

I believe anyone can become addicted to anything. Facebook, forum sites, Twitter, junk food, excessively working out, air (the last one was a joke). It doesn't matter if it's a Christian website or not, one can still become addicted.

I agree...moderation is the key I believe.

There's nothing wrong with forums, just as there is nothing wrong with television or sports or food. They each have their values.

The problem only begins when our energy goes into each thing unjustly. If I should be there for someone but decide I'm going to use all my time on forums instead, then I've probably wandered into a bad zone.

Back