Addiction (scriptures required - help please).

isn’t OCD not just about our environment though?

I used to suffer with limerence, a kind of infatuation with a romantic object of my affections. It was ossessive, were by thoughts about them would intrude on my consciousness without my intent.
I couldn’t go through the day without something reminding me of them...
But I suppose maybe that’s just an obsession. I wasn’t compelled to do anything about the thoughts, except maybe contact them or place myself in their surroundings so I could fantasise even more lol

I have to argue about 'limerence'. Nowadays we tend to give everything a special name, ie: limerance. From what you said, I would call it a 'crush'!

I have to say, I studied Psychology for several years at University and never once heard this term used. But I also never heard the term 'non-binary unicorn' and yet there are people out there claiming to be just that!

I have to argue about 'limerence'. Nowadays we tend to give everything a special name, ie: limerance. From what you said, I would call it a 'crush'!

I have to say, I studied Psychology for several years at University and never once heard this term used. But I also never heard the term 'non-binary unicorn' and yet there are people out there claiming to be just that!

ah well, it must be a posh word for crush then. It’s very addictive romantic love though whatever we call it!

isn’t OCD not just about our environment though?

I used to suffer with limerence, a kind of infatuation with a romantic object of my affections. It was ossessive, were by thoughts about them would intrude on my consciousness without my intent.
I couldn’t go through the day without something reminding me of them...
But I suppose maybe that’s just an obsession. I wasn’t compelled to do anything about the thoughts, except maybe contact them or place myself in their surroundings so I could fantasise even more lol

Hello Via;

The term limerence is about 40 years old. We studied limerence during Christian Counseling and it can be associated with OCD and a long story with biochemicals.

This effect humans have with limerence can be an obsession of attraction and infatuation for another person, without being physically involved. I'm giving a brief definition of limerence and can be defined deeper because it varies with humans.

There are two ways to treat limerence without using meds. Therapy, or Christian counseling is one way. Prayer and confession is another.

In Psalm 107:19-20, 19 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. 20 He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.

Whether those who bring things upon themselves, made a mess of their lives and those who are enslaved with addictions and broken memories, can be healed by faith in Christ. God is The Restorer of relationships with Him.

God has control and owns everything; When a human is aware of their limerence, praying and confessing to God that the person they are infatuated with is a beautiful creation by God, giving Him all the glory. We can ask God to release the obsessive attraction of another and then trust He will heal the person.

Hello Via;

The term limerence is about 40 years old. We studied limerence during Christian Counseling and it can be associated with OCD and a long story with biochemicals.

This effect humans have with limerence can be an obsession of attraction and infatuation for another person, without being physically involved. I'm giving a brief definition of limerence and can be defined deeper because it varies with humans.

There are two ways to treat limerence without using meds. Therapy, or Christian counseling is one way. Prayer and confession is another.

In Psalm 107:19-20, 19 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. 20 He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.

Whether those who bring things upon themselves, made a mess of their lives and those who are enslaved with addictions and broken memories, can be healed by faith in Christ. God is The Restorer of relationships with Him.

God has control and owns everything; When a human is aware of their limerence, praying and confessing to God that the person they are infatuated with is a beautiful creation by God, giving Him all the glory. We can ask God to release the obsessive attraction of another and then trust He will heal the person.

this may sound very unbiblical..But the only thing that eventually worked was thinking of him on the toilet😐

And now I can think him as a beautiful creation whilst seeing him as a real person instead of a god haha

this may sound very unbiblical..But the only thing that eventually worked was thinking of him on the toilet😐

And now I can think him as a beautiful creation whilst seeing him as a real person instead of a god haha

Sounds like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to me ;)

Back