Agape Love

Agape Love

Tell me if this seems right:

Ecclesiates is the book of the point to life, the purpose of life, the reason for living, etc.
Eccl 12:13- After everything is done and said, The conclusion is this- fear God and keep His commands, for that is the whole duty of man. (paraphrase)

Assuming fearing God means you'll keep His commandments, and the two main commands, Love God with everything, and love your neighboor as yourself, then isn't the whole point of life to love others?
Love encompasses everythingelse (1 Cor 13), and is repeatedly said to fulfill the law, which Jesus Hismelf said He did.

So, is the point of life agape love (since love automatically looks out for everyone's best interests)? Never sin, Always Agape love, Always glorify Him 100%, always do His will- all four of these seem to me to just be saying the same thing- hence if it is most accuratley and most often described as loving others (God and humans [were angels fit in I don't know]), then wouldn't "Agape Love" (which automatically looks out for everyone's best interests) be the point to life?

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Pro 16:4 The LORD hath made all [things] for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Ro 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, [are] all things: to whom [be] glory for ever. Amen

This is the point of life.

Thx Boanerges. That'll come in handy.

Ginger- if a God of self indulgence is all we have, then he's not the Christian God. Is His self indulgence good for us? I guess that argument could be made.

Ginger- if a God of self indulgence is all we have, then he's not the Christian God. Is His self indulgence good for us? I guess that argument could be made.

It's been good for me. God made me for His own pleasure and it has pleased Him to shower me with His loving kindness, continually bless me with wonderful gifts, help me through the bad times and place a bubble of protection around me and my family.

Besides, He is God. I hardly think I am fit to question His actions or motives!

Ginger

Paul places love above faith

1 Corinthians 13:13
But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.
- - -
Right, but that does not mean that the others are of lesser value. Faith and hope are just as important

I'm asking if, by virtue of my 'mini thesis' in the first post, is agape love the point to life?

Ginger- I can see what you're saying. Makes sense. I now need to think about it more (reading my post I left you, it seemed rude- didn't mean it that way, so sorry).

Lcve is first because God is love . He created us to walk in love and by faith (absolute dependance on and total submission to the Holy Spirit).

Back