Ages

Ages

Hey all.

I started reading the Bible yesterday lol.
Theres something I'm a little confused on..
It was saying that people lived for hundreds and hundreds of years... and Noah lived for like 950 years !!

Im confused slightly, In this day and age, your very lucky to hit 100!

good for you.read it and understand it yourself,ask for help from God as you read to understand.never follow a crowd.:D

There is a good working theory that before the flood of Noah, our atmosphere was very different...it had an ice or water layer. This protected us from the sun and other cosmic elements that we're subjected to today. The theory states that when God opened the heavens, this protective layer came down with the rain, and is now in our oceans.

I think it's partially the above theory, bad nutrition, pollution, and a decline in good genes.

nope good genes are still here all is from God.iv,e taken the pain for my generations and will do it again to come to the grace of God.

Yes this theory that there was a water vapor layer around out atmosphere is biblical. it is no longer there. having this layer would block out much UV contamination. They have done alot of tests and it would have also increased Oxygen in our atmosphere 3 fold. This has been confirmed through amber samples with air bubbles in them being preserved for thousands of years. The air bubbles inthe amber had Oxygen levels 3 times greater than the present atmosphere. Has anyone ever noticed that as soon as the flood happened that the years of peoples lives in the bible get shorter and shorter untill tadaaa!!! look at today!! hardly anyone reached 100 years. 100 back in the day would be more like 20. lol but I find this interesting in the creation science field. Science can explain biblical things. God says himself that the evidence of him is in his creation. Everything is so detailed and organized. We are not random chances, we are loveley creations. But the majority of the scientific community dosent want to hear "Global flood" even though the evidence is phenomenal!! Oh well, I guess unfortunatly alot of people will have to find out the hard way.

Before Noah, God's time table was quite different from what it is today.

PLEASE read ALL of Genesis 6 (KJV) or Genesis 6 (NLT) and concentrate specifically on Genesis 6:3 (KJV) or Genesis 6:3 (NLT) for the CURRENT life length as set forth by God in Scripture.

Also there is the accumulative effect of sin. Sin= death. More sin= more death. Less corruption in Adams day than today.

Kitsapgirl and believerintheword

I have heard the same theory about an ice canopy but I have not been able to locate any good literature about it.
Can you point me in the right direction please?
Thanks

Serriously I think it had to do with God's pronouncement of the flood, where they had lived longer lives before the flood. And after the flood mankind was allowed to eat meat, Gen 1:29, Gen 9:3, Gen 6:21, ----and after the flood the lifespan of man was also altered.

----And with the pronouncement of the Flood God also designated clean and unclean animals, also signifying a change to the natural order after the flood,

----Because after every major sin, in which mankind had surrendered more and more authority to their sin and satan, man in some ways dies -because the soul that sins shall surely die, which means further seperation from God, when it is not physical death,

-----and it can also be a further advancement of the "curse," upon man, which increases, as we failed critical tests along the way, such as after the flood,

-----where the sin of "Ham," continued satan's schemes, and it brought long lasting consequences, which affected more than just Ham,

-----So however it ultimately went down, eventualy degredation was allowed to enter the Genetic code, to the point where the life span of mankind was shortened, and We did not live as healthy a life as before ----which is Why Sarah, and women of the time, could still be attractive as well ----at such an advanced age by today's standards.

----And Besides I still blame it on the fact that back then they did not have the "FDA"!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

God Bless. :)

Mike. :rolleyes:

If one subscribes to the water vapor canopy theory it would jive with your opinion Mike ( just not the FDA Part :D). The bible states that it had not rained up to that point . After the huge amount of rain had been depleted from the atmosphere the shielding effect of that same vapour from radiation would have been lost.

If one subscribes to the water vapor canopy theory it would jive with your opinion Mike ( just not the FDA Part :D). The bible states that it had not rained up to that point . After the huge amount of rain had been depleted from the atmosphere the shielding effect of that same vapour from radiation would have been lost.
God placed a large amount of water in the sky in Genesis 1:6 (NLT) Then God said, “Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth.â€

This water was the rain which fell to create the Flood in Genesis 7:11-2 (NLT) When Noah was 600 years old, on the seventeenth day of the second month, all the underground waters erupted from the earth, and the rain fell in mighty torrents from the sky. The rain continued to fall for forty days and forty nights.

Water is much better at screening out harmful radiation than ozone.

Also there is the accumulative effect of sin. Sin= death. More sin= more death. Less corruption in Adams day than today.

Boanerges,
;)
I must disagree. I think you have forgotten why God sent the flood. The whole world was so corrupt that God only saved Noah and his family. This is the very reason he destroyed the world.

Ge 6:5
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
KJV

I wonder why we as humans always feel the need to explain things in the Bible scientifically. People may have simply lived longer before the flood because it was God’s will. The atmosphere may have helped, but who made it that way…God.

Isa 55:8-9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
KJV

Ecc 3:1
3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
KJV

Ge 6:3
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
KJV
:):read:

That may be true although with the population and the mass bombardment thru the media I am not sure who it could have been more pervasive then than now. But that was indeed conjecture on my part and I am not dogmatic about it in the least.

I'm sorry, I think I distracted Him with My whole

FDA sidetrack, though I think it was those

propsed postal snails that distracted Me in the

first place!!!!!!!!!!!!

---However I still hold that "Degredation," was

allowed to enter our "Genetic Code." And poor

peoples in Europe had lived off of mainly grains

during the middle ages, whcih shows it can be

done, en mass.

---However, if they had had more Variety in

their mainly vegetarian diets they could have

lived longer,

---As our Carnivours diet is not as healthy for Us

as a good Vegetarian diet Like Daniel and His

Buddies ate,

---However due to degredation to Our genetics,

and certain qualities in Our Food suplies, We do

rely more heavily on animal protein now,

---and with our degredaded systems, the

proper amount of protein to be supplied by a

purely Vegetarian diet is probably more difficult

to achieve today,

---then when our systems were healthier,

before we began to eat animal protein in the

first place.

God Bless.:bible:

Mike.:bible:

As with Adam and the Patriarchs, sin was not deeply rooted into their veins as it is today. God intended for man to live forever. After the fall, especially after the flood age sharply began to decline

Back