Air powered cars

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
From the article.
but a vehicle with one tank of air and, say, 8 gal. of either conventional petrol, ethanol or biofuel could hit between 800 and 1000 miles.”
If they can make that work then those cars will sell like crazy! I would certainly like to have one considering how high gas prices are these days.

It's a bit weird looking, but I'd buy one if I could afford it. It says it goes about 1,000 on a "fill-up". Fill-up of what--air? I didn't read the whole thing.

The purchase price will probably be inflated.

The hybrid cars that I've seen are cool, and I'd consider buying one if the price weren't so much more than a conventional car.

So far, looks like a lot of hype. The numbers thrown out at this point are largely speculation. The article didn't say anything about the energy required to compress the air in the first place. Perhaps a compressor using electricity from a coal fired power plant? While there are some intriguing possibilities, I'm not going to get excited until one is built and tested and we get some hard data to work with, in addition to considering the entire picture of energy inputs and outputs for the net effect on economy and environmental impact. I sincerely hope they can deliver on their promises, but I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon yet.

Get that car, then plant yourself a few "diesel trees" and you're all set. Just don't get your diesel trees and your maple trees confused, or you'll have some nasty tasting syrup on your pancakes. :D

Indeed- it won't run long but it will sure smell good!:p

This is really interesting thing for me because i never seen air powered cars. I hope that this cars are really good and it is beneficial for environment.

Back