Alleged Army Deserter Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Returns To Regular Duty

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Returns to Regular Duty

http://online.wsj.com/articles/bowe-bergdahl-returns-to-active-duty-1405349771

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/07/14/bowe-bergdahl-has-refused-to-speak-to-parents/
A Related Story:
Bowe Bergdahl Has Refused to Speak to Parents
Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl hasn’t spoken to his family since he was released from captivity in Pakistan, according to an Army official.

Sgt. Bergdahl has refused to see his parents or speak to them on the phone, the official said. The decision by Sgt. Bergdahl,
who returned to regular duty on Monday, suggests a deeper estrangement between the soldier and his parents than the military understood when he was released. Still, officials said, they don’t know the precise cause of the tension or when it began.

I don't know how someone who is alleged to be a deserter, and for whom the evidence appears to point strongly in that direction, returns to active duty to be reintegrated into his duties.

Yes, alleged. As an American, he deserves due process. Innocent until proven guilty.
I agree 100%. The media only shares what they know or want to share. I trust that the court system came to the right conclusion.

Just because someone is accused of something doesn't mean it's true. Heck, I got accused of choking a guy in handcuffs while I was a cop, but that didn't happen either.

It is a valid observation. All the initial investigation testimony of witnesses that served with Bergdahl after he left his post, having folded his clothes neatly, and leaving his weapon behind, as well as other details in the investigation lends evidence to Bergdhal having deserted. Including the inflammatory remarks he made about America while still in the ranks.

That he is not returned to the states and is given a desk job, when six soldiers were killed seeking him out after he first left his post, having gone AWOL just before that, is unusual for someone who has been in Taliban custody for five years. And looked none the worse for wear when he was retrieved from them by our people in Afghanistan.

It is a valid observation. All the initial investigation testimony of witnesses that served with Bergdahl after he left his post, having folded his clothes neatly, and leaving his weapon behind, as well as other details in the investigation lends evidence to Bergdhal having deserted. Including the inflammatory remarks he made about America while still in the ranks.

How does this case have any relevancy to you, that you're interested in it? Let the military sort it out with their due process.

I think the issue is that Scripture Bird is a bit surprised at the militaries acceptance of him after he apparently went AWOL and endangered the lives of quite a few other servicemen.

That is a problem for me as well!
It is a problem for me, and many others too.
He was given an uncharacterized discharge from the Coast Guard, due to psychological reasons some reports say, from the Coast Guard prior to his signing on to the Army.

He should have never been allowed in the ranks.

I think the issue is that Scripture Bird is a bit surprised at the militaries acceptance of him after he apparently went AWOL and endangered the lives of quite a few other servicemen.

No one should be surprised at being presumed innocent until proven guilty in legal issues.

But, why do you or the other poster care? I care about the boarder issue because these immigrants are changing the culture I live in. I care about the Zimmerman trial because the case tells us about racial issues in the culture I live in. I care about who's elected because that person will promote laws that affect how I live. Now, why do you care about whether or not some kid in Afghanistan deserted? In fact, there is something not being said here.

Back