Allegorical Verses Literal Interpretation Of Scripture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I'm following this to which you refer Lot, however it seems to me that you might be falling victim to this forum software's failure to quote 'nested quotes'. In other words, when a post contains a quote and that post is subsequently quoted, the original quoted text is dropped from the quoted post:confused:?
This has in the past caused much misunderstanding about who said what.
I recall with much sorrow and embarrassment thinking that Major was taking my words and re posting them as if his own words. WE all need to exercise great care when posting replies that the lack of "quote fidelity" here does not lead to unintended aggravation or misunderstanding.
blessings,
calvin

Calvin, I appreciate your concern and your insight. Take a look at this post to see an example of what I am referring to . Scroll down about two thirds to where it says ,"The Greek phrase aionas ton aionion":

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/universalism.31026/page-5#post-259304

Major,

Are you saying that you will no longer dialogue with me because I am requesting that you stop plagiarizing people? I just want to be clear. May the Lord bless us and teach us humility.

I am saying that I do not want to respond to 8 or 9 comments all on one post. I asked you to do one at a time and you refused to do so. No more no less.

Yes......humility is something we all need to work toward.

Not sure if I'm following this to which you refer Lot, however it seems to me that you might be falling victim to this forum software's failure to quote 'nested quotes'. In other words, when a post contains a quote and that post is subsequently quoted, the original quoted text is dropped from the quoted post:confused:?
This has in the past caused much misunderstanding about who said what.
I recall with much sorrow and embarrassment thinking that Major was taking my words and re posting them as if his own words. WE all need to exercise great care when posting replies that the lack of "quote fidelity" here does not lead to unintended aggravation or misunderstanding.
blessings,
calvin

Calvin,

I have missed you lately...are you well ???

Calvin, I appreciate your concern and your insight. Take a look at this post to see an example of what I am referring to . Scroll down about two thirds to where it says ,"The Greek phrase aionas ton aionion":

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/universalism.31026/page-5#post-259304[/quote]

LOT, the source for that post was "tentmaker.com". I knew it would be a cause of conversation and it was posted to confirm my comments. Like many people my age, I forget to do things and that was just another one for me.My apologies to you for not listing the source of the phrase in that post.

Thanks, Major. Did you read the article you borrowed that quote from? In that article, the idea of eternal punishment is argued AGAINST.

I am saying that I do not want to respond to 8 or 9 comments all on one post. I asked you to do one at a time and you refused to do so. No more no less.

Yes......humility is something we all need to work toward.

Major, review my posts and note that the content of each of my posts is in response to the content your posts. Whatever points and questions you raised in one post, I would answer with one post. You may not like it, but I am thorough in my responses, for I value in depth discussion. Do not expect me to let your points go unaddressed. Frankly, I find it odd that you are bothered by this.

Major, review my posts and note that the content of each of my posts is in response to the content your posts. Whatever points and questions you raised in one post, I would answer with one post. You may not like it, but I am thorough in my responses, for I value in depth discussion. Do not expect me to let your points go unaddressed. Frankly, I find it odd that you are bothered by this.

LOT,
Your lack of humility and the level of the confrontational attitude you exhibit toward everyone since your arrival is rather troubeling to me. You seem to have a perpetual chip on your shoulder and it comes across as malice and guile IMHO. Most people here do not enjoy argueing and never ending confrontation.

Now whether I LIKE IT OR NOT is not the issue.
I simply asked you to post one comment at a time and you rejected that question....end of story.

You commented.....
"Do not expect me to let your points go unaddressed".
Why would you think I care whether you respond or not. This is supposed to be a friendly, encouraging Christian wedsite were all can learn and grow in knowledge and grace, not a competion between us which it has turned into.

You said.............
"Frankly, I find it odd that you are bothered by this."
That is personal opinion and really has place in the BIBLICAL STUDY area of the site.
It is odd to me that you have many opinions but use very little Bible Scriptures as a basis.

Now, what do you say to lowering our level of conversation to a Christian example of how Christian people can communicate and learn without personal comments and arguments and confrontations. If we can, then we can proceed to whatever area you choose, but if we can't then I need to move on because I just can not continiue at this level of bickering.

God bless you, hopeing you understand...........Major.

Major,

Your lack of humility and the level of the confrontational attitude you exhibit toward everyone since your arrival is rather troubeling to me. You seem to have a perpetual chip on your shoulder and it comes across as malice and guile IMHO. Most people here do not enjoy argueing and never ending confrontation

Your perception of me is not accurate. I am here to engage in genuine, honest, and thorough discussion. Do not mistake my attention to detail, and my bluntness with arrogance and a confrontational attitude. Please note that I never once personally attacked anyone. I have been nothing but gentle and forthright.

Now whether I LIKE IT OR NOT is not the issue.
I simply asked you to post one comment at a time and you rejected that question....end of story.

If you want me to address one point at a time, then you should only make one point at a time. Do not submit a post wherein you make a bunch of points and then expect me to only address one.
You commented.....
"Do not expect me to let your points go unaddressed".
Why would you think I care whether you respond or not. This is supposed to be a friendly, encouraging Christian wedsite were all can learn and grow in knowledge and grace, not a competion between us which it has turned into.

Do not mistake a thorough discussion with a competition. I have remained friendly the entire time I've been here. I wish I could say the same for you.

You said.............
"Frankly, I find it odd that you are bothered by this."
That is personal opinion and really has place in the BIBLICAL STUDY area of the site.
It is odd to me that you have many opinions but use very little Bible Scriptures as a basis.

It is my personal opinion that you are bothered by the fact that I do not limit my responses to one point at a time? How could it be my personal opinion when you yourself have clearly stated this?

Now, what do you say to lowering our level of conversation to a Christian example of how Christian people can communicate and learn without personal comments and arguments and confrontations.

I have not gotten personal at all. I have only ever engaged in respectful discourse.

Pax,

LoT

I am pretty sure that most will not agree with your comments and I leave you with that.

There is IMO nothing more to discuss sense everything seems to degrade into chaos with you.

Be well and God bless you. I am sure you mean well.

I am pretty sure that most will not agree with your comments and I leave you with that.

There is IMO nothing more to discuss sense everything seems to degrade into chaos with you.

Be well and God bless you. I am sure you mean well.

God bless you too.

I hope that one day you will not be bothered by thorough discussion and correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back