Am I A Bad Friend?

Dana .. I'm known for my bluntness too ..
speaking truth is good .. having clarity of word is good ..
not using wisdom is bad ..

you see God never gives us more then we can handle ..
so we should also be .. and have the wisdom to see who we are talking to's limits (or learn to read the signs) patience is part of love .. and sometimes to get your POV across may require patience .. that is IF you love and truly want yours words to be received ..

God Bless You ..

Last edited:
here is what I've learned ..

zeal without wisdom is bad ..
(your love for others can be lukewarm)
zeal with wisdom is good ..
(your love for God and others is spot on)
wisdom without zeal is bad ..
(your love for God can grow lukewarm)

so it is a fine line .. but love is our teacher ..
we love God with our all (zeal) and others as self (wisdom) ..

Last edited:
Am I a bad friend? I mean, I make friends and we get to know each other and then the friend I make doesn't want to talk to me ever again. Am I that bad where they hate me? I am an honest person, and all that. But it just backfires in my face. What have I done wrong? I would like to know.

Here's a slightly different perspective: I've been in the Army for close to 27 years now. I have had the opportunity to make hundreds of "friends." But among them, there are a small handful of guys I would call close, truly genuine friends because we share similar interests, have endured difficult times together, but mostly because we share the same faith. There is absolutely nothing I can say to these close friends that would offend them to the point where I would lose their friendship and vice versa. I can be as blunt as I want, tell the truth, and be obnoxious, and our friendship will remain rock solid. These types of friends are hard to come by. You probably won't meet them on the internet.

Here's the main point: people who are easily put off or offended by what you say - you don't want or need them as friends. What good are "friends" that you need to tap dance around to avoid offending them?

If someone is offended because you have spoken honestly and from your heart, cut them away like a malfunctioning parachute. You don't need them in your life.

Kurt .. that works well if you are seeking close friends ..
but the majority of the people you meet in life AS YOU WORK for God ..
are not going to fit that paradigm .. so my post was meant in a "functional way" which is used in your everyday life and in God's service .. I'm more interested in leading people to a personal relation or helping them with their personal relation with God then having buddies that have the same likes and agree with me .. I have Jesus for that ..

Kurt .. that works well if you are seeking close friends ..
but the majority of the people you meet in life AS YOU WORK for God ..
are not going to fit that paradigm .. so my post was meant in a "functional way" which is used in your everyday life and in God's service .. I'm more interested in leading people to a personal relation or helping them with their personal relation with God then having buddies that have the same likes and agree with me .. I have Jesus for that ..

Um… okay. I'm not sure why you've taken offense to my post. My post directed towards Dana. Honestly, I hadn't even read yours until now. I figured I had something to say to someone who was lamenting why people didn't seem to "like" him. My post was not meant to offend anyone.

Kurt, I have ended at least one friendship in real life because he was annoying to me to the point where I had to send him letters, and, a cassette tape to tell him basically that the friendship was over. And, I haven't been happier since. So, thanks for the advice.

Um… okay. I'm not sure why you've taken offense to my post. My post directed towards Dana. Honestly, I hadn't even read yours until now. I figured I had something to say to someone who was lamenting why people didn't seem to "like" him. My post was not meant to offend anyone.

brother .. by no means did I take offense .. what I was driving at, was Dana needed to be more work orientated in his approach to forums .. we find friends on the way .. but we are suppose to be about our adopted Abba's business ..

So, I'm wrong for saying that then? I can't believe you would say that ixoye_8. Say I'm not wrong. And I didnt say anything about forums when starting this thread. At least I don't think I did.

Back