Am I Going Overboard?

Hi Everyone! God is so good! I have felt so amazing lately about God and what he has done in my life. No, I haven't made more money or friends, my job isn't necessarily better, but I feel God has truly changed my heart from stone to flesh! I feel so warm inside I can't explain it. The lady who did my biblical counseling prayed this exact thing for me. I have never felt so loving in my life. I have been so angry at the world because of what has happened to me throughout my childhood. I held onto bitterness and literally hated people. I sometimes thought horrible things about those who did me wrong. Over the past few months and especially after my biblical counseling I feel so much love and warmth towards people and I talk about God a lot. The problem is that I think I might be going overboard. My mom didn't want to go to church with me this past Sunday because she said I was pushing it too much. All I do is ask her, although on Easter I did kind of pressure her since I thought it was extremely important to attend. She ended up not attending with me.

Anyway I hope I'm not going to far when I tell people how wonderful God is and what he has done with my life. I notice even some Christians seem to be a bit put off by it.

I feel like the Lord is blessing me and that things are going to get better. I am still struggling with my ED, but not as much in the past and I feel God is bringing good people in my life now that I've let go of those that were not faithfully serving Him.

Anyhow, should I relax when I talk about Him to people? Should I not keep asking people to go to church as much? I've already had a few friends go who I never thought would, so obviously some of it is helping.

Your input is greatly appreciated and sorry if this thread seems a little ridiculous. Hope it makes sense.

You must feel free to do as you please. If they take offence, it is their problem not yours. Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Most have heard the gospel and need some tact to get them to church. Matt 10:6 I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Overboard?...Nah-no such thing among 'believers'....

You will find balance eventually; you are on a mountaintop right now-ENJOY IT! Because mountain peaks are small compared to the valleys, the climb up AND the climb down. Just don't forget the 'peak' when you roll down into a new valley. That's the true test-will you be faithful when the true trial starts?

Remember; Christ told us as His followers we "will be" persecuted. It's not not an option. He came to divide households-mothers against daughters, fathers against sons, brothers against sisters. The division starts in the family unit because some will believe and some will not. Think about how all of Israel became divided at the time of Christ? It is no different now. God doesn't change-His ways don't change. Just because cultures blend & change and powers change and technology changes-that doesn't mean God does.

I said all that to say this: our emotions and trials will change-but God will still be faithful and love us impartially no matter where we are in our walk with Him. Even on the mountain top, put your armor on Sis (Ephesians 6:11-20).

I am glad for you Tink....:) Stay strong in the Lord Sister.

Back