An Attitude of Gratitude

Dusty

Inactive
An Attitude of Gratitude

An Attitude Of Gratitude

God is so good, He loves to bestow His gifts upon His children. The Bible tells us that all good gifts come from God. If its good, then its from God.

James 1:17 ......Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

If you are in Christ, you have a lot to be thankful for. You have escaped eternal punishment and have received eternal life. If you feel that you can not be thankful for anything else, this one thing should be a starting point to all of your praise to God. He is worthy to be praised.

Faith is always thankful, you can see it clearly taught throughout the Word.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

What about if something starts off great and becomes sour? Is that from God and stolen by the enemy? Or, is it from the enemy disguised as something good to break us down?

This is a great post because I have pondered this question for some time. Anyone have any in site into this?

Penny, that really depends on the details of the circumstances, I believe~
But I do understand your question very much!

A beattitude attitude of gratitude!

Penny every situation is different and you must pray for discernment.

What about if something starts off great and becomes sour? Is that from God and stolen by the enemy? Or, is it from the enemy disguised as something good to break us down?

This is a great post because I have pondered this question for some time. Anyone have any in site into this?

Penny .... I can only say that sometimes the enemy does put things in our path that we might think are good to deceive us and that is why it is important to be in the Word and also also thanking the Lord for the gifts He has given us such as health, friends family , dwelling .... there are so many reasons to be in an attitude of gratitude to Him.

That is why we have the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us and then we will know if it is good or bad . Not knowing the circumstance in which you speak, I cannot give you a better answer than that.

You 're welcome Violet..... I love your candy canes. I am just taking a break cause I just got all my Christmas stuff out. I guess the snow fall that we had inspired me.

171.gif

Penny life can be like Chinese food. Sometimes sweet, sometimes sour and sometimes a little of both. It helps to remember that God is in control and no matter how things turn God will work them for the good of His kids. Sweet, ok. Sour, still ok as I know God works something wonderful out of everything He allows in my life.

Psalm 69:30
I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Psalm 95:2
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

Psalm 147:7
Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp.

Remember God's word says "Give thanks IN all things", not for all things as many people would interpret that verse.

Many times we give thanks in spite of all things. I first really learned this about 20 years ago when my wife and I quit our jobs and went into a program from which we thought we would launch a career in ministry. A couple of months, some rejection, and much disappointment later, we found ourselves with no money, no jobs, no ministry, and no home of our own. I was sure I had followed God's leading, but the results sure weren't what I had expected. I felt a stirring of faith in my heart during that time that, despite the complete lack of physical evidence at the time, God was Who He said He was. He was loving, true, trustworthy, sovereign, kind, merciful, and in control.
Life has had its ups and downs since then, but my circumstances are not the measure of who God is. I am thankful that my name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life, and no circumstance of life can change that. My future is secure with Him. I am thankful that He is who He is, and that I am His, and everything else is just gravy.

Praise God Brother Rumley..... That is what true thankfulness is even though we cannot see the outcome.... God does and He is ever present and knows the beginning from the end because He is The Alpha and Omega.... the beginning and the end.. A great testimony of encouragement for those who are doubting God's Plan for our lives. Thanks for that and may the Lord bless you.

I woke up this morning with that little song on my heart .... Give thanks with a greatful heart ... give thanks to the Holy one ... give thanks because of Jesus Christ the Son.

Pride slays thanksgiving, but an humble mind is the soil out of
which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful
man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.

-- Henry Ward Beecher

Pride slays thanksgiving, but an humble mind is the soil out of
which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful
man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.

-- Henry Ward Beecher
Nice Dusty!:D

Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Psalm 30:12
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever

Back