An Unclean Spirit?

An Unclean Spirit?

In Matthew 12:43-45

43"When an evil[a] spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

can someone explain this part a little more to me?

He is describing the attitude of Israel. If we clean our lives out of sin and do not replace it with the love for God, His Word and the Holy Spirit we become easy targets for Satan.

In Matthew 12:43-45

43"When an evil[a] spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

can someone explain this part a little more to me?

The evil spirit is banished from the man not destroyed.
The Pharisees were proud of cleaning the houses but their hearts were empty. Today how many Chrsitians are boastings about their denominations and showing of many things,the church is not a social enterprises but it must be a Spiritual enterprises.
Mere religion or reformation will not save. There must be regeneration recieving of Christ nto their heart.
Rev
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice,
and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him,​
and he with me.
Let the house occupied with "Right Tenant"!

May God give you more wisdom to understand this passage.

His wisdom unlimited.

Dodson got it right.

But this scripture can also be taken literally. Since a long time, I have been haunted by demons. I had one since around 2000, and in 2003 it left. But later I got others.

But Satan's attacks are self defeating if you understand the meaning of suffering. It always reawakens my need for God, and I understand again that I must listen to Him. Also, the attacks strengthen my faith - if I were always free and feeling good, I know my faith might wane again.

God really is with those who suffer from attacks from the evil one. He has great sympathy with them, and I am a witness to much help that I have gotten from the Lord. His grace is new each morning. He really is a merciful God.

Devils

willing_servant said:

the attacks strengthen my faith - if I were always free and feeling good, I know my faith might wane again.

Devils attacks are designed for just one thing. To kill, and to steal, and to destroy. (John 10:10) The devils are not into the faith building business as Faith in the Word of God will defeat them every time. There is no scripture that says any adverse conditions make our faith stronger.

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

The victory you have gotten when attacked, came from the Word that was already sown into you and you believed. Give credit to God's Word and His Mercy, not the devils. Remember he sent his word and Healed them........(Psalm 107:20)

You did state this at the bottom of your post, just don't count on devils to help you in faith. Faith comes from hearing and hearing the Word of God. You can be at perfect peace and have things go really well and continue to grow in faith that will change any circumstance.

This scripture is literal and describes how the demonic underworld operates. However, just like Jesus had done so many times he paralleled the natural and spiritual since they are the same. This physical realm follows the occurrences that happen in the realm of the spirit.

This scripture also describes the condition of Israel, we know this by the end of his statement.

Matt 12:45.....................Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Jesus Is Lord.

Back