An Undivided Heart

Dusty

Inactive
An Undivided Heart

What do you think an undivided heart means ?

Well according David we can have a divided heart. Why different things take a hold in our lives such as work , family , entertainment etc. David prays “ Give me an undivided heart “ Psalm 86:11 ....... Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

So if we have a divided heart we can be sure the secular things of this world will take more importance in out life . Therefore the work we can do for God will become polluted with earthly things.

Jesus says “ Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God …. Matthew 5:8 .

The word “ pure “ in this verse in the Greek means “ Katharos “ which does not means pure in the sense of perfection but pure not mixed with other things .

The biggest battle of our lives is the corruption of our hearts .

Jeremiah 17:9 ….. The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

We know our hearts are not pure and never will be so why did Jesus say “ Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God ?

A pure heart is an undiluted heart as Paul says in Phil 3: 13 ….. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,

We are to press on toward the goal for the price of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus .

Anything that inhibits my progress toward what God has called me to become is a hindrance .

To have purity in heart , not mixed with other things , we need to narrow our interests to put Jesus first .

Proverbs 23:7 …… As a man thinks in his heart so is he.

As we narrow our interests to Christ , that opens up our purpose and agenda and living for God.

The pure in heart will not panic in the storms of life , but will se God with eyes that are impossible to those whose hearts are not pure - not pure as in perfect – but as undiluted “ Katharos “ style .

The promise “ They shall see God “ is the pure heart not seeing God physically but seeing Him everywhere – in creation – in circumstances – in confusion and in crisis.

Thanks for the encouragement . considering how what i see of Him in others blows me away most oft . dunno if the synapse could handle seeing Him in totality localized .

As we walk in the light of Jesus Christ , daily , God shows us unconditional love which if we compare it to a parent's love is way beyond that love . A parent's love for their children doesn't depend on the child's perfomance whether they are 24 yrs or 24 months and that's the way God loves us and even with a greater love.

Psalm 103:13 ..... As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

Piggybacking on you, Dusty: Matthew 7:9-11 (NIV)--Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Piggybacking on you, Dusty: Matthew 7:9-11 (NIV)--Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

All our gifts , all our talents , all our gifting , all our provisions .... etc ect. come from our Father who owns it all . That is why it is so important to thank Him every day .

Psalm 50:14
Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High,

And that is our goal as well ...
Ezekiel 11:19
I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh

Undivided heart = undivided attention?

That's it and when we think aboutwhat we are in Christ .... We are His temple ... A temple of worship .

In the old testament the people had to build temples where God dwelled but now we don't have to do that becuse God dwells within us ..

temple

—a building where peopleworship divine beings. God told Israel to build him a temple and worship him there. God showed his people that he was with them by being present in the temple. 1 Kings 5-6
1 Kings 8
1 Chronicles 28:11-19
Ezra 3:10-13
Ezra 6:13-18
Psalm 11:4
Mark 11:15-17

In the New Testament, we learn that the new temple is not a building. God's people are now the temple of God. God's Spirit lives within them. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
2 Corinthians 6:16
Ephesians 2:19-22
Revelation 21:22

Back