Ancestry

Ancestry

Mathew 1:1

An account of the genealogy of Jesus, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Interesting how Jesus does not have a blood relationship to the genealogy which he belongs. He is in the line that Joseph was descended from, but not through blood.

Luke 3:23-38
(38) son of Enos, son of Seth, son of Adam, son of God.

The whole lineage traces back, without a blood relationship to Joseph, from Joseph to Abraham to God.

Correct me if this way of viewing it is in error, but I think this is so cool. God 's only son was adopted into the blood line of man. Jesus was adopted, it seems by man.

John 1:11-13

But to all who who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God, who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 4:11

He (Abraham) received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the ancestor of all who believe without being circumcised and who thus have righteousness reckoned to them, and likewise the ancestor of the circumcised who are not only circumcised but who also follow the example of the faith our ancestor Abraham had before he was circumcised.

And we have been adopted by God. We are now born of God. How amazing that is! I guess that's why we're called 'born again Christians'. I didn't before, but I totally accept that label now. I am God's daughter. I am born of God.

Back