Ancient Serpent with 2 legs

Ancient Serpent with 2 legs

Obviously the millions of years is highly inaccurate...but you already knew that. :)

What was lost tens of millions of years ago is now found.

A fossil animal locked in Lebanese limestone has been shown to be an extremely precious discovery - a snake with two legs.

Scientists have only a handful of specimens that illustrate the evolutionary narrative that goes from ancient lizard to limbless modern serpent.

Researchers at the European Light Source (ESRF) in Grenoble, France, used intense X-rays to confirm that a creature imprinted on a rock, and with one visible leg, had another appendage buried just under the surface of the slab.

"We were sure he had two legs but it was great to see it, and we hope to find other characteristics that we couldn't see on the other limb," said Alexandra Houssaye from the National Museum of Natural History, Paris.

The 85cm-long (33in) creature, known as Eupodophis descouensi, comes from the Late Cretaceous, about 92 million years ago.

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Ancient serpent shows its leg

Now, Look in your Bible, Genesis 3:14

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.

Im Excited ! :D

Obviously the millions of years is highly inaccurate...but you already knew that. :)

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Ancient serpent shows its leg

Now, Look in your Bible, Genesis 3:14

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.

Im Excited ! :D

Hey! I just thought of that too when I read the title!

So, snakes must have had legs, and God removed them.

:)

Hey! I just thought of that too when I read the title!

So, snakes must have had legs, and God removed them.

:)

:mad: Too bad "they" won't admit that this further validates the Bible (as if it needed more)...they'll say & did say in the video that it was a "missing link"....

:evil:

:mad: Too bad "they" won't admit that this further validates the Bible (as if it needed more)...they'll say & did say in the video that it was a "missing link"....

:evil:

Aw, don't get mad at them. Even if they don't admit it, one day they'll say...

"Oops! I did it again!"

:D

I saw a snake with two heads.
And it wasn't one single fossil, it was alive.

.......... Does that mean that at one time ALL snakes had two heads?

.....Or that ALL snakes are evolving into two headed snakes?

It amazes me how some people call these sorts of discoveries "Evidence" of evolution.

I saw a snake with two heads.
And it wasn't one single fossil, it was alive.

.......... Does that mean that at one time ALL snakes had two heads?

.....Or that ALL snakes are evolving into two headed snakes?

It amazes me how some people call these sorts of discoveries "Evidence" of evolution.

It may have been a mutation, or just some funky genetics.

Kind of like a two-headed cow, or a two-headed cat.

That is very much my point NearertoGod.

So someone finds a fossil of a mutated snake, or the "Lucy" mutation, or they carbon date a living mollusk at 80,000 years old, and suddenly, they have "Evidence" to throw the bible out the window.

"... the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God" (1 Corinthians 3:19).

That is very much my point NearertoGod.

So someone finds a fossil of a mutated snake, or the "Lucy" mutation, or they carbon date a living mollusk at 80,000 years old, and suddenly, they have "Evidence" to throw the bible out the window.

"... the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God" (1 Corinthians 3:19).

Lol, I know what you mean.

So...if we have a 10 legged horse...I wonder if that'll be proof for Evolution.

I read another article about a rare frog that didnt have any lungs. They said look..this is evidence for evolution.

What did they start with? a frog, is it still a frog? yes.....I'm pretty sure its not going to turn into an igwana

Snakes with legs- I have known quite a few of them.

but hang on.

If a snake has legs, then its a lizard isnt it.

You cant just call a lizard a snake to just satisfy filling in the gap for some "theory"

Yep a lizard . This does nothing to make it a missing link.:p

why do people do this, i dont understand. maybe that is because i am having a bit of a rough time at the moment but still.

It doesnt make sence. Doesnt this now prove Genesis? if it is a snake.

And if it is just a lizard then why are they saying anything at all

Back