And God had no respect unto Caines offering

geralduk

Inactive
There is a strange idea among many of Gods people that we must 'respect' all things ,count all views and opinions as of equal merit and if we do not then we are not showing the proper 'respect'.

Jesus said "what I see the father doing that do I"
Well neither should any child of God respect that which God does not.

I will not nor can nor do 'respect 'Islam ' or other 'faith', false doctrine and anything that is contrary to Gods Word .
For there is nothing in them to respect and as the scripture say of it there is darkness in their teaching.
They that honour me I will honour says the Lord . It follows then that they that do not are not.
To Abraham he promised they that bless thee,I will bless and they that curse you I will curse.

This false respect then we have to get out of our heads and heart.
For error will lead to error and cannot lead to God. For what comes from God will lead men to God .What does not leads men away from God .
The Spirit of truth is God . Not some impartial 'power' that honours it seems everything but the truth as some would have it .
Though Jesus was willing to die for all and for the sin of the world .He did not compromise at all and was as implacable with sin before the cross as he was on the cross as he is also now .
The cross is the emblem of DEATH.
Death to every work of the devil , every lie ,every sin every bit of corruption, every deceit and all the rest .

To get a glimpse of calvary is to see Gods impacable opposition to sin .
It is to get a glimpse of the wickedness of sin and what it is capable of.
It is the end of the old man and all its ways .
It is death to death .
and the spoiler of all that the devil counted as his.

To draw near to the cross is to start speaking the truth .
About yourself who you do know and thenh about God who you dont.
To draw near to the cross is to see the judgment of God upon your sin and some idea of the cost of your salvation.
To come to the cross is to deny all self righteousness .
To come to the cross is not only to get a glimpse of the judgment of God on sin. But also the depths of Gods love for them who he died for.
The depths that sin will go and the depths of love to save .
I shall not glory save in the death of Christ .
and all the 'glories' of this world are like the leaves in autumn .
and the 'wisdom' of this world are as fools .
If a man does not respect my Lord and Gods work on calvary .I see no reason to respect either his opinions or his religion. For they are worthless to him and to the world .
Indced a ruin to them both.

'But God commendeth His love toward us,
in that, while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us.'

(Rom 5:8)

'Be of the same mind one toward another.
Mind not high things,
but condescend to men of low estate.
Be not wise in your own conceits.
Recompense to no man evil for evil.
Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
If it be possible,
as much as lieth in you,
live peaceably with all men.
Dearly beloved,
avenge not yourselves,
but rather give place unto wrath:
for it is written,
"Vengeance is mine; I will repay," saith the Lord.
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him;
if he thirst, give him drink:
for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.'

(Rom 12:16-21)

'Give none offence,
neither to the Jews,
nor to the Gentiles,
nor to the church of God:
Even as I please all men in all things,
not seeking mine own profit,
but the profit of many,
that they may be saved.'

(1Co 10:32,33)

'Let your moderation be known unto all men.
The Lord is at hand.'

(Php 4:5)

'And the Lord make you to increase
and abound in love one toward another,
and toward all men,
even as we do toward you:
To the end he may stablish your hearts
unblameable in holiness before God,
even our Father,
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ
with all His saints.'

(1Th 3:12,13)

'See that none render evil for evil unto any man;
but ever follow that which is good,
both among yourselves,
and to all men.'

(1Th 5:15)

'I exhort therefore,
that, first of all,
supplications, prayers, intercessions,
and giving of thanks,
be made for all men;
For kings,
and for all that are in authority;
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life
in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable
in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved,
and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.'

(1Ti 2:1-4)

'And the servant of the Lord must not strive;
but be gentle unto all men,
apt to teach,
patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves;
if God peradventure will give them repentance
to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves
out of the snare of the devil,
who are taken captive by him at his will.'

(2Ti 2:24)

'Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers,
to obey magistrates,
to be ready to every good work,
To speak evil of no man,
to be no brawlers,
but gentle,
shewing all meekness unto all men.
For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish,
disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures,
living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Not by works of righteousness which we have done,
but according to His mercy He saved us,
by the washing of regeneration,
and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Which He shed on us abundantly
through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
That being justified by His grace,
we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.'

(Tit 3:1-7)

'Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.'

(1Pe 2:17)

'Now when He was in Jerusalem
at the passover,
in the feast day,
many believed in His name,
when they saw the miracles which He did.
But Jesus did not commit Himself unto them,
because He knew all men,
And needed not that any should testify of man:
for He knew what was in man.'

(Joh 2:23-25)

Praise God!

And God had no respect unto Caines offering

Yet God provided the means whereby He may have done what was right, for He told him that a sin-offering lay at the door. Which he only had to take and offer, and it would have been accepted. Having no respect for the offering, did not prevent God extending love towards Cain.

We may not have respect for a persons opinion, or for the faith that they hold, but that should not prevent us from treating them honourably and showing kindness and love towards them, in Jesus Name.

The Lord Jesus Christ knew what was in man, He did not commit Himself unto them, yet He died for them.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

If I 'respect' a man its because man was made in the image of God and As much as I love God above all others and things ,I love my neighbour as myself desiring above all that he may be as blessed as I am or wish to be . But they that honour me sats the Lord I will honour .It follows that they who do not are not.
and why should I conform to any man who will not conform to Christ?
Do good to all men sayeth the scriptures but EXPECIALLY to the household of faith.
Better the wounds of a friend than secret love .

God indeed extended mercy to Cain and by that love and as the scriptures say of the matter "gave him time to repent"
an alcoholics world is reduced to the bottle in his hand .Try and take a bottle from an alcoholic and you have a fight on your hands .
There are a lot of errors in the church and misconceptions and a myriad of opinions as there are people .
Try and correct those errors or challenge those mistaken opnions so deeply held ;and you will have also a fight on your hands and you will be hard put to not have bruises at the end .

You have to separate the bottle from the man as much as the error must be forsaken from the professing christian.
For both will bring death.
and as Caine rose up and slew Abel it was the religious that rose up and slew the Lord.

in Christ
gerald

If I 'respect' a man its because man was made in the image of God and As much as I love God above all others and things ,I love my neighbour as myself desiring above all that he may be as blessed as I am or wish to be . But they that honour me sats the Lord I will honour .It follows that they who do not are not.
and why should I conform to any man who will not conform to Christ?
Do good to all men sayeth the scriptures but EXPECIALLY to the household of faith.
Better the wounds of a friend than secret love .

God indeed extended mercy to Cain and by that love and as the scriptures say of the matter "gave him time to repent"
an alcoholics world is reduced to the bottle in his hand .Try and take a bottle from an alcoholic and you have a fight on your hands .
There are a lot of errors in the church and misconceptions and a myriad of opinions as there are people .
Try and correct those errors or challenge those mistaken opnions so deeply held ;and you will have also a fight on your hands and you will be hard put to not have bruises at the end .

You have to separate the bottle from the man as much as the error must be forsaken from the professing christian.
For both will bring death.
and as Caine rose up and slew Abel it was the religious that rose up and slew the Lord.

in Christ
gerald

I am sorry my brother, but I just can not grasp what it is you are trying to say.

For error will lead to error and cannot lead to God. For what comes from God will lead men to God .What does not leads men away from God .
There is a way which seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12

For whoso finds me finds life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
But he that sins against me wrongs his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:35-36

16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that devises wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaks lies, and he that sows discord among brethren.
Proverbs 6:

8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
9 The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loves him that follows after righteousness.
Proverbs 15:

He that justifies the wicked, and he that condemns the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD. Proverbs 17:15

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
Isaiah 5:

Back