And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet...

You don't agree, fine, but I never said "Moses" or "Elijah", so don't put words in my mouth. I quoted the scriptures. Besides, Moses DIED, he can't die again. Only Elijah and Enoch are living in heaven without having tasted death.
I didn't put words in your mouth when I pointed out that the Two Witnesses were not Moses and Elijah, and I have to say that I'm rather surprised that you believe as I do on the subject, which is the minority view on the subject to say the least. Of course they cannot die again, so these Two Witnesses, these "sons of oil", can only be the "offspring" of the Holy Spirit.

Question Ab.......Do you think the two witnesses in Revelation will be Enoch and Elijah who God somehow allows to come back from heaven for the purpose of dieing?

Just curious.
First...

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV)
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Revelation 11:8 (KJV)
And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Revelation 11:11-12 (KJV)
And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Logic dictates that it would be Elijah and Enoch since they are the one beings recorded as having left the earth without dying. But, the word of God does not identify them. And just because someone isn't recorded in the word of God as having been taken to heaven without death doesn't mean there aren't more. Any answer is really just speculation and unimportant. God could make two Adams again to do His bidding if He so wishes to do so.

First...

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV)

Revelation 11:8 (KJV)
And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Revelation 11:11-12 (KJV)
And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Logic dictates that it would be Elijah and Enoch since they are the one beings recorded as having left the earth without dying. But, the word of God does not identify them. And just because someone isn't recorded in the word of God as having been taken to heaven without death doesn't mean there aren't more. Any answer is really just speculation and unimportant. God could make two Adams again to do His bidding if He so wishes to do so.

I hear you and understand you. BUT, if that is the case how do we explain all the Christians who will be Raptured????

Will they have to be brought back to be killed because they did not die?????

I didn't put words in your mouth when I pointed out that the Two Witnesses were not Moses and Elijah, and I have to say that I'm rather surprised that you believe as I do on the subject, which is the minority view on the subject to say the least. Of course they cannot die again, so these Two Witnesses, these "sons of oil", can only be the "offspring" of the Holy Spirit.

I agree with you. Can you believe that! I do not believe it will be Elijah and Enoch but in stead it will be two who are like them in power and authority!

I hear you and understand you. BUT, if that is the case how do we explain all the Christians who will be Raptured????

Will they have to be brought back to be killed because they did not die?????
As I said, if it's not spelled out in the scriptures it's just speculation. Not every must die. I stated that too. Must you require me to repeat? No offense, but did you even read what I wrote? Why do you say raptured Christians have to come back and die? I don't get it...

First...

(KJV)

(KJV)

(KJV)

Brother Ab, if we're going to assign Elijah as one of the Two Witnesses based on "shutting up heaven", then we must be consistent in the assignment of the other Witness by basing that on "turning water to blood and plagues". But, since Moses is the ONLY PERSON -and I repeat- the ONLY PERSON that can be credited with doing both, we are left with a major problem, as you know, in trying to make Moses the other Witness, seeing that Moses has already died.

Brother Ab, if we're going to assign Elijah as one of the Two Witnesses based on "shutting up heaven", then we must be consistent in the assignment of the other Witness by basing that on "turning water to blood and plagues". But, since Moses is the ONLY PERSON -and I repeat- the ONLY PERSON that can be credited with doing both, we are left with a major problem, as you know, in trying to make Moses the other Witness, seeing that Moses has already died.
Again you're putting your own dogma into my comments. I never said anything about their works comparison. I believe you want to bicker and I won't play along.

As I said, if it's not spelled out in the scriptures it's just speculation. Not every must die. I stated that too. Must you require me to repeat? No offense, but did you even read what I wrote? Why do you say raptured Christians have to come back and die? I don't get it...

Easy brother! You seem to be a little stressed.

Yes I read your comment in #22 and it said..........
"Logic dictates that it would be Elijah and Enoch since they are the one beings recorded as having left the earth without dying. But, the word of God does not identify them".

I did not say Christians had to come back and die. I thought that is what YOU were saying. I do not believe that is the case as there will be millions of Raptured believers that will not come back to die.

I meant no harm or disrespect and I certainly did not intend to argue with you or bicker. Just asked a question for the converasion purposes, no more no less.

Easy brother! You seem to be a little stressed.

Yes I read your comment in #22 and it said..........
"Logic dictates that it would be Elijah and Enoch since they are the one beings recorded as having left the earth without dying. But, the word of God does not identify them".

I did not say Christians had to come back and die. I thought that is what YOU were saying. I do not believe that is the case as there will be millions of Raptured believers that will not come back to die.

I meant no harm or disrespect and I certainly did not intend to argue with you or bicker. Just asked a question for the converasion purposes, no more no less.
I don't know, nor can anyone know, who the Two Witnesses are. The word of God doesn't say. Nothing more to be said. I told you my comments were just a supposition that doesn't matter. The story of the Two Witnesses was to help solidify the timeline according to the scriptures, not dogma.

Again you're putting your own dogma into my comments. I never said anything about their works comparison. I believe you want to bicker and I won't play along.
Ab, I went back and reread your post about "Enoch and Elijah" and it appears I missed your reason for suggesting those two: they both left Earth without dying. Please disregard my last two posts. However, I think the Bible is clear that no man can ever stand in the presence of a holy God in his earthly, sinful body so Enoch and Elijah must have already received their immortal, heavenly bodies which are not subject to death. What say you?

We don't know. We can't know. We won't know. That's it. If the word of God said "they descended from heaven" we know it has to be two people who didn't die, but it doesn't say that. So it could be two of the 144,000 chosen. They could be two guys from Hong Kong or Brooklyn. It just doesn't say. Anything said otherwise is speculation and without a need for explanation. Their story is a timeline event not a identification event.

I don't know, nor can anyone know, who the Two Witnesses are. The word of God doesn't say. Nothing more to be said. I told you my comments were just a supposition that doesn't matter. The story of the Two Witnesses was to help solidify the timeline according to the scriptures, not dogma.
Why do you
We don't know. We can't know. We won't know. That's it. If the word of God said "they descended from heaven" we know it has to be two people who didn't die, but it doesn't say that. So it could be two of the 144,000 chosen. They could be two guys from Hong Kong or Brooklyn. It just doesn't say. Anything said otherwise is speculation and without a need for explanation. Their story is a timeline event not a identification event.
"Blessed is he that readeth, heareth, and keepeth the sayings of this prophecy". Have you ever considered the Historicist interpretation?:

Zechariah 4 speaks of a vision of two olive trees supplying the bowl of a candlestick and is interpreted by God Himself in no uncertain terms to mean "the Word of the Lord" in verse 6.

Revelation 11, in the same manner, features two olive trees supplying two candlesticks, but in the Greek "candlesticks" is actually the "SONS OF OIL". Comparing Zechariah with Revelation, a clear picture emerges: In Scripture, oil which is used in spiritual anointing, represents the Holy Spirit, and these Two Witnesses, these "sons of oil" are the offspring of the Holy Spirit - the Old Testament and New Testament Word of the Lord - just as Zechariah declares!

The Bible prophesied "1260 days clothed in sackcloth" which refers to the 1260 year Papal reign where the Bible was kept back from the people by the church maintaining in dead Latin, chaining it to the pulpits, and killing anyone found guilty of reading it or in possession of it. Near the end of its reign, which spanned from 538 AD to 1798 AD, when these Two Witnesses were finishing up their testimony, the French Revolution exploded on the scene and guess what? The Bible was BANNED FOR EXACTLY 3 1/2 YEARS TO THE DAY! It was reinstated as a desperate measure to check the wholesale violence and societal descent that marked the 3 1/2 days that the Two Witnesses lay "dead" in the streets. Are you familiar with this interpretation?

Last edited:
No and I don't believe it. Prophecy is NOT for private interpretation. I'll let God sort it out especially since I won't be around for it to matter.

Back