Anne Frank, unusual hero :)

post, what you like/admire about her.

For me, I love her hope, her positivity.... its one thing to be happy slappy when things are going okay
but she knew she was going to die and saw death regularly...

I often,esp now, wonder how she was able, well it seems she didn't harbour I'll will or hate

toward the Nazi soldiers...

From her diary's excerpts, it didn't make it plain she believed in Jesus Christ..god yes but not Him specifically, she just amazes me :)

Anne frank> quotes

“If I'm engrossed in a book, I have to rearrange my thoughts before I can mingle with otherse, because otherwise they might think I was strange.”
― Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

“Why are millions spent on the war each day, while not a penny is available for ... artists or the poor? Why do people have to starve when mountians of food are rotting away in other parts of the world? Oh, why are people so crazy?”
― Anne Frank

“What is done cannot be undone, but one can prevent it happening again.”

“Then I fall asleep with a stupid feeling of wishing to be different from what I am or from what I want to be; perhaps to behave differently from the way I want to behave or do behave.”

“As long as you're in the food business, why not make sweets?”
tags: food, sweets, work 10 likes like

“I live in a crazy time.”
― Anne Frank

“I feel wicked sleeping in a warm bed, while my dearest friends have been knocked down or have fallen into a gutter somewhere out in the cold night. I get frightened when I think of close friends who have now been delivered into the hands of the cruelest brutes that walk the earth. And all because they are Jews!”

“Let's not talk about it any more, but if you still want anything please write to me about it, because I can say what I mean much better on paper.”

“I have always been the dunce, the never-do-well of the family, I've always have to pay double for my deeds, first with the scolding and then again because of the way my feelings are hurt.”

“I had to hold my head up high and put a bold face on things, but the thoughts keep coming anyways.”

“There's one golden rule to keep before you: laugh about everything and don't bother yourself about the others!”
― Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Gir

“I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn. But, and that is the greatest question, will I ever be able to write anything great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer? I hope so, oh, I hope so very much, for I can recapture everything when I write, my thoughts, my ideas and my fantasies.”

“I had an occasional flash of understanding, but then got selfishly wrapped up again in my own problems and pleasures.”
8 likes like
“Sleep makes the silence and the terrible fear go by more quickly, helps pass the time, since it's impossible to kill.”

“I looked up in the sky and trusted in God.”

8 likes like
“but I don't think building sand castles in the air is such a terrible thing to do, as long as you don't take ti too seriously.”
tags: anne-frank, the-diary-of-a-young-girl 7 likes like
“Jews and Christians wait, the whole world waits,and there are many who wait for death”
tags: anne 7 likes like
“It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because inspite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever approaching thunder, which will distroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if i look up into the heavans, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again. In the mean time, I must uphold my ideals, for perhaps the day will come when I shall be able to carry them out." ~Anne Frank”
7 likes like
“I was too happy for words and I believe he was as well.”
7 likes like
“I keep my ideals because in spite of everything I still believe that people are good at heart.”
― Anne Frank
6 likes like
“Why do we trust one another so little? I know there must be a reason, but still I sometimes think it's horrible that you find you can never really confide in people, even in those who are nearest to you.”
― Anne Frank
6 likes like
“beauty remains, even in misfortune”
tags: inspirational 6 likes like
“I have an intense need to be alone. Father has noticed I'm not my usual self, but I can't tell him what's bothering me. All I want to do is scream 'let me be, leave me alone!”
6 likes like

“I've found that there is always some beauty left — in nature, sunshine, freedom, in yourself; these can help you. Look at these things, then find yourself again, and God, and then you regain your balance.”

Last edited:
what touched you specifically?
A simple life, a simple family, a simple house, a simple girl, and unimaginable horror of events. :( I've always studied wars, but that was the first landmark I have ever visited.

Last Spring we went to London and visited Churchill's bunkers.

Back