Another chance?

I have not looked into this, but is there another chance to repent after we die but before the Great White Throne Judgement, in Hades? I find it impossible to not come to Jesus if you realize that He is real and Christianity was true. That is why I believe that the answer is no. But what are your thoughts?

In general no there is no indication in scripture that there will be a second chance.
However at the 'Great white throne judgment' we are told that the people gathered there will be judged and any not list in the book of life will be rejected.
Rev 20:12. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.

Rev 20:15. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Clearly they are not judged by faith in Christ, but by their deeds. This must be referring to people who never heard the Gospel and therefore could not repent and believe in Christ.
Isn't it good to know that the Lord will judge every single one of us with a righteous love.
He will give everyone as much chance as possible to receive eternal life.

Last edited:
In general no there is no indication in scripture that there will be a second chance.
However at the 'Great white throne judgment' we are told that the people gathered there will be judged and any not list in the book of life will be rejected.
Rev 20:12. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.

Rev 20:15. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Clearly they are not judged by Christ's righteousness but by their deeds. This must be referring to people who never heard the Gospel and therefore could not repent and believe in Christ.
Isn't it good to know that the Lord will judge every single one of us with a righteous love.
He will give everyone as much chance as possible to receive eternal life.
My post?

I have not looked into this, but is there another chance to repent after we die but before the Great White Throne Judgement, in Hades? I find it impossible to not come to Jesus if you realize that He is real and Christianity was true. That is why I believe that the answer is no. But what are your thoughts?

No one has a second chance. This physical, earthly life and what we do with Jesus in it is all we have.

Hebrews 9:27
And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,

I agree.....this is the only shot we have and if we do not accept what Jesus did for us on the cross now then it will be to late once we pass on to heaven.

Back