Answering 'godlover.'

Answering 'godlover.'

‘godlover’ quote.
"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." -- Exodus 20:8
"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." --
Romans 14:5â€
Unquote.

The weekly Sabbath is a commandment.
It begins at sundown and ends at sundown.
There were other holidays/holy days or ‘High Sabbaths’, governed by the moon. Some were considered more important than others. There is no conflict with in Romans 14: 5.

Godlover quote.... the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes 1:4
"... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2Peter 3:10
Unquote.

For ever can be translated as peretual.

5769 `owlam { o-lawm’} or `olam { o-lawm’}

from 5956; TWOT - 1631a; n m

AV - ever 272, everlasting 63, old 22, PERPETUAL 22, evermore 15, never 13, time 6, ancient 5, world 4, always 3, alway 2, long 2, more 2, never + 408 2, misc 6; 439

GK - 6409 { µl;w[o
1) long duration, antiquity, futurity, for ever, ever, everlasting, evermore, PERPETUAL, old, ancient, world
1a) ancient time, long time (of past)
1b) (of future)
1b1) for ever, always
1b2) continuous existence, perpetual
1b3) everlasting, indefinite or unending future, eternity
([1]Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon, (Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.) 1995.)

When God, decides to remove this old Earth and create a new one. There is no conflict.

godlover quote.
â€
I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." -- Genesis 32:30
"No man hath seen God at any time..."-- John 1:18
http://www.atheists.org/christianity/contradictions.html#top

In Geneses 32: 24. God did not appear in all His glory in front of Jacob, if He had, Jacob would have died.

Moses never saw God’s face in all His glory because it would have killed him see Exodus 33; 18 – 23.
There is no conflict.

godlover quote.
"...thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. " -- Exodus 21:23-25â€
Unquote.
The above was the old ‘Mosaic law,’ which was cast aside at the cross.

godlover quote.
"...ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." -- Matthew 5:39.
Unquote.
There is no conflict when Matthew 5: 38 – 45 is read in full context.

godlover quote
This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised." -- Genesis 17:10 Unquote.
The above is old ‘Mosaic law’ where the Jewish nation were to be a light to the world but they failed to keep the covenant which was conditional.

godlover quote.
"...if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing." -- Galatians 5:2 Unquote.
Read Galatians 5: 2, 3, 6.

Galations 5: 6. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; BUT FAITH which worketh BY LOVE.
Again when read in context, there is no conflict.

Answering 'godlover. 2.

Godlover quote." Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of this mother..." -- Deuteronomy 27:22
"And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter...it is a wicked thing...." -- Leviticus 20:17
[But what was god's reaction to Abraham, who married his sister -- his father's daughter?] See Genesis 20:11-12
"And God said unto Abraham, As for Sara thy wife...I bless her, and give thee a son also of her..." -- Genesis 17:15-16
Unquote.

Abraham was an Amorite and Sarah a Hittite see Ezekiel 16: 3.
If you read Geneses 20: 1 – 12. you will see that Abraham, lied to the King because he thought that if the king, ‘a leader of an evil nation,’ knew that Sarah, was his wife the king would kill him for her.
The king was told what was going on by God, in a dream and confronted Abraham about the matter.
She was Abraham’s half sister according to Abraham but if God, had said that he should not marry her HE would have said depart from her.

Isn’t God, wonderful that Abraham did wrong and He forgave him? Romans 3: 23, 24.

godlover quote.
"Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart..." -- Ecclesiastes 9:7
"...they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not..." -- 1 Corinthians 7:30
Unquote

I see no problem with the above I do not understand your point?
Simply read 1 Cor 7: 29 – 40 in context.

godlover quote. "The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father..." -- Ezekiel 18:20 Unquote

Read Ezekiel 18: 1 – 14 in context.
Verse 14. Now, lo, he beget a son, that seeth all his father’s sins which he hath done, and CONSIDERETH, and DOETH NOT SUCH LIKE,

Then read 15 – 16 and see how the son did the OPPOSITE TO THAT OF HIS FATHER, in verses 15 and 16.

His son’s reward is found in verse 17. That Was the result for that circumstance through God’s judgement. The son did not approve of his father’s actions. There is no conflict.

godlover quote. "I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation..." -- Exodus 20:5 Unquote.

This is a commandment keeping situation, where the children of Israel, would continue doing the evil learned from their fathers and for Israel, that was NOT acceptable.

Read Ezekiel 20: 1 – 6. In context.
I could tell you to read Deut 23: 1 – 3. Then tell you the reason given in verse 4, 5 and 6.

Of course there are different circumstances, if you were to read verses 7 and 8 it starts to become clear as to why God, does certain things.

godlover quote. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." -- James 1:13 godlover quote.

That is very clear. God, does not tempt man using evil!

godlover quote. "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham..." -- Genesis 22:1 Unquote.

In the Interlinear Translation Bible, Hebrew, Greek and English version the word used is ‘testing Abraham.’

So thank you for asking those questions where the answers make us more aware of why our Lord is called ‘Wonderful Counsellor.”
See Isaiah 9: 6.

It is easy to misconstrue what the Bible, says. let me give you an example below.

2 Samuel 17: 23. And when Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled his ass, and arose, and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put his household in order, AND HANGED HIMSELF and died, and was buried in the sepulchre of his father.

Judges 7: 17. And he said unto them, LOOK ON ME, AND DO LIKEWISE: and, behold, when I come to the OUTSIDE THE CAMP, it shall be that, AS I DO, SO SHALL YE DO.

Matt 27: 5. Judas threw the money into the temple and then went out and HANGED HIMSELF.
Of course that was and is not the intent of the Bible.
So you may have to reconsider your thoughts on some things.
PC.

Back