Antipas....

“Pergamos” meaning “fortified, height, elevation” speaks of those who will harden their necks (the fortified tower) upon the hearing of the Spirit. They will be “stiffnecked” towards what they will hear the Spirit saying and will resist in their evil opposition. They will resist the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 2:12-13 KJV
(12) And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

They will “kill” any one with their evil words and false accusations as they will hate the brothers who will speak with the Holy Spirit. “Antipas” means “against the fathers, against all”. Rather, it was the fathers who were against the Holy Spirit when they did persecute and slay the prophets who were sent to them to speak His words of the Spirit.

(13) I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

“pergamos” = fortified = the stiffnecked people who will be uncircumcised in heart and ears and will resist the Holy Spirit as their fathers did. The fathers were against the Spirit (Antipas) and those who spoke via the Spirit as they killed the prophets sent to them to witness the coming of the Just One. They killed the witness of the Spirit by slaying the prophets sent to them.

Acts 7:

(51) Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

(52) Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
(53) Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

They will rage against those who will speak the Truth….as they did to Stephen. They did slay Stephen….killing a man who was full of the Spirit. They quenched the Spirit and despised Stephen as they did kill him in their wrath…the throne where Satan sits.

(54) When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Where does Satan have his throne? In our wrath where there is evil speaking. Give not a place …a throne…to the devil who will falsely accuse those who speak in the Spirit. sin sits the mouth and desires to have us....but we must overcome sin (evil speaking) so that it should not rule over us.

Ephesians 4:26-27 KJV
(26) Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

(27) Neither give place to the devil.

But some will give place to the devil and will fill up the measure of their fathers as they will persecute and “kill” those who will speak the Word of Truth to them via the Spirit. Cain gave in to sin and let sin rule over him as he killed Abel. "Cain" meaning "spear"...the spear of the mouth will "kill" those who will speak with the Spirit. "Abel" meaning "vain" as they will think that the brothers who speak in the Spirit as "fools"...vain speakers.

Matthew 23:32-36 KJV

(32) Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

(33) Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

(34) Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
(35) That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
(36) Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

They will believe a lie….that they will be doing God “service” for doing such things.

John 16:1-3 KJV
(1) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
(2) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
(3) And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Whosoever hates his brother is a “murderer” and has no age-lasting life abiding in him.

1 John 3:14-15 KJV
(14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
(15) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

The church in Pergamos will hold fast His authority (name) and will not deny His faith…..….but they will continue to keep company with those who will be filled with wrath and speak evil against what they hear the Spirit saying and against those who will speak in the Spirit.

Revelation 2:
(12) And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
(13) I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Like Lot, they will linger around in their churches. Lot was a righteous man who continued to dwell among the wicked whose unlawful deeds vexed his righteous soul from day to day.

2 Peter 2:

(7) And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
(8) (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds
(9) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

The men of Sodom spoke and did evil against Lot in their wrath. But Lot kept his mouth SHUT. The door of his mouth was shut as he did hold fast His name, and hast not denied His faith .

Genesis 19:
(10) But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

The men that were at the “door” of the house wearied themselves to find the door….that is, they did their best with their false accusations, insults and threatening to get Lot to return evil for evil. Lot did not sin as he kept his mouth shut in the face of evil. He did not return evil for evil, threatening for threatening, cursing for cursing.

(11) And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.
(12) And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place
:

The Word of Truth reveals what is in the hearts of men for they will hear it and speak what is in their hearts. The cry of those whose hearts are full of evil shall waxen great before the face of Jehovah…..for they will speak what is in their hearts revealing themselves and their sin shall reach its fullness. And they will mock any who will speak the Truth.

(13) For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.
(14) And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.

If we continue to sit in their company, we will be consumed in the iniquity of the “city”. We shall take part of their sins and plagues and be consumed for they shall fight against each other as their judgment and will destroy each other. The tongue is a fire.

(15) And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
(16) And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.
(17) And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.

We are to change out mind and not keep company with the wrathful….with the covetous…with those who will follow after the pernicious ways of their church leaders in this coming time. We are to leave their place or be consumed in the iniquity of the city…..in their sins and plagues.

Revelation 2:
(16) Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

The sword of the LORD as judgment…..

Judges 7:
(20) And the three companies blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers, and held the lamps in their left hands, and the trumpets in their right hands to blow withal: and they cried, The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon.
(21) And they stood every man in his place round about the camp: and all the host ran, and cried, and fled.

The “sword” is the tongue that will fight against his brother as judgment for their sins. They will fight with each other…..even throughout ALL the host. We are to leave their company or be consumed in their sins and plagues that will come upon them for their judgment.

(22) And the three hundred blew the trumpets, and the LORD set every man's sword against his fellow, even throughout all the host: and the host fled to Bethshittah in Zererath, and to the border of Abelmeholah, unto Tabbath.

Back