any fellowship of the Spirit

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

any fellowship of the Spirit

Php 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Php 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Php 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Php 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Just how can that best be illustrated to a fellow Christian without them feeling rebuffed? There is a Christian gal at work who goes to the same church I do, who is so gossipy and causes a lot of strife. Can I tell her I don't want to hear what she has to say when she starts talking about someone, or just how can I get it across to her that we should "esteem the other better than ourself"?

This woman is much more knowledgeble than I and she even has a preacher's license, but she is definately not a good wittness to the nonChristian fellow workers. It is frustrating to work with her. But, I don't know how to get the above-verses across to her without offending her. Any ideas?

Sorry to say… that could be a tough one.
On thing that came to mind is something I’ve told people before.
“If you wouldn’t do it or say it “IN” Church… then you shouldn’t do it or say it anywhere else.

Or… “If Jesus was standing here… would you say that?” (and then remind them that Jesus is here and heard every word)

People may not like hearing things like that, but in some cases, I think it’s the only way to plant a seed and at least get them to possible start to think about some things. I’ve found if you try to instruct someone who is more knowledgeable than yourself, they usually don’t listen.

Good word indeed. Try telling her that you prefer not to talk about things like that. Ask her to discuss something uplifting as you are really seeking to grow in your walk and you want to take advantage of the wisdom she has- that should get her moving in a different direction.

All excellant advice for you Bonnie and maybe to add to the mix , that maybe she does not realize that she is putting people down.... Pray for her and also ask her when the opportunity arises if she does realize the damage she is doing by spreading gossip ? God will open the door for you to share when the opportunity is right. God bless.:groupray:

Back