Any Suggestions For My Plans Of Creating Evanglism Bags?

I am planning to start saving money in order to create some evangelism bags to hand out maybe in the summer time to the needy in the extreme heat. So far I have come up with evangelist tracts, water bottles, a few dollars and a personal hygiene kit. Do you guys have any other ideas as in for what I should put in them?

Maybe some little New Testaments? (Have you seen the ones that the Gideons give out? That's what I'm thinking of.) Maybe a bit of food (nuts are good - won't be affected by the heat, sort of cheap, and don't take up a lot of room....protein). A handwritten note sharing the care of God (and showing care ifself?).....maybe. Maybe a first aid kit (having access to a good disinfectant and band aids goes a long way). Maybe survival kits? I mention survival kits because sometimes those can contain useful things - I remember one that included a warm, waterproof blanket that (folded) was about the size of a wallet with much greater thinness.

And if you know of such a place.....maybe an address or a phone number for further spiritual or physical help? :)

This sounds like a cool idea by the way.....

Maybe some little New Testaments? (Have you seen the ones that the Gideons give out? That's what I'm thinking of.) Maybe a bit of food (nuts are good - won't be affected by the heat, sort of cheap, and don't take up a lot of room....protein). A handwritten note sharing the care of God (and showing care ifself?).....maybe. Maybe a first aid kit (having access to a good disinfectant and band aids goes a long way). Maybe survival kits? I mention survival kits because sometimes those can contain useful things - I remember one that included a warm, waterproof blanket that (folded) was about the size of a wallet with much greater thinness.

And if you know of such a place.....maybe an address or a phone number for further spiritual or physical help? :)

This sounds like a cool idea by the way.....

You know those are some really good ideas, although I am going to have to disagree with the food part since its probably hard to trust. It is kind of hard to trust a random stranger handing you food, because you never really know what they did to it.

I am planning to start saving money in order to create some evangelism bags to hand out maybe in the summer time to the needy in the extreme heat. So far I have come up with evangelist tracts, water bottles, a few dollars and a personal hygiene kit. Do you guys have any other ideas as in for what I should put in them?

Print this and add to bags

Did you know that salvation is absolutely free? and that we do not have to do anything to get saved? Well what do the Scriptures teach? Lets see.

Well, John 3:16 is the most famous verse ever quoted in the world but I want you to see and hear what Jesus said just two verses earlier in verse 14 Jesus is pointing to a historical event to make a point about God's love.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up; (John 3:14 ASV)

The event happened when God led the Jews out from Egypt. As was their habit the people grumbled and sinned while out in the wilderness on their way to the promised land. God responds by judging and disciplining them and on this occasion God sent serpents into their midst:

And Jehovah sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. (Numbers 21:6 ASV)

The people of Israel then do their normal thing - they ask Moses to pray for them for forgiveness from The Lord. Moses prays and God forgives them:

And the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, because we have spoken against Jehovah, and against thee; pray unto Jehovah, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. (Numbers 21:7 ASV)

God forgives the people but on one condition: Moses is to hold the serpent up for the congregation to gaze upon.

Then the Lord said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live." (Numbers 21:8 NASB)

It was not how guilty they felt or how long they stared at it in the heat of the desert sun, it was simply the look of faith.

And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived. (Numbers 21:9 NASB)

If they were hard hearted and stiff necked they died in their sins.

Let's continue on now with Jesus's words:

so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:15, 16 NASB)

God has lifted up our object of faith, Jesus the Messiah on a cross. We are to humble ourselves, coming to the realization that personal righteousness and holiness is outside of our capabilities, and look to our God and Father who said:

so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. (John 3:15, 17 NASB)

If we refuse to believe that salvation is by grace alone thru faith alone in Messiah alone plus nothing then we are not really believing on Him that was sent and are under the following judgement:

so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:15, 18 NASB)

If we have followed the teachings of any other variation from what the bible clearly states concerning the content of faith for salvation then you have accepted the accusation of other religions teaching concerning not only these simple words of Christ but all of the other passages of scripture concerning God's free offer of imputed righteousness.

You know those are some really good ideas, although I am going to have to disagree with the food part since its probably hard to trust. It is kind of hard to trust a random stranger handing you food, because you never really know what they did to it.

I can see that. There might be someone devious enough to "play" with food they would give out....

"Forasmuch as you know that your labor is not in vain in the lord."

Back