Anyone like Iron Maiden?

For most of my life, I've only listened to American country. A couple of years ago I started listening to Contemporary Christian and Southern Gospel. I don't know much about heavy metal bands, except that I'm not too fond of them.

cly said:
For most of my life, I've only listened to American country. A couple of years ago I started listening to Contemporary Christian and Southern Gospel. I don't know much about heavy metal bands, except that I'm not too fond of them.
I'm not too fond of them either. I prefer rock'n'roll or dance music.

mysaviorisjesus said:
They totally rock my socks! Anyone else like them? I think that Bruce is a hottie!

Hy.

May I sugjest turning away form secular metal and turning to Christian metal.
(Yes there is such a thing)

I did, and Im a whole lot happier. (Thank you Jesus)
The music is good Christian Metal, and the Lyrics speak of our Lord Jesus.
If you need help finding out about these Christian Metal Bands PM me and I'll help you out.

Jesus Bless You. :)

Re: Iron Maiden

mysaviorisjesus said:
Here are some Iron Maiden lyrics from their album "Dance Of Death". I think they're pretty self righteous guys. Its a Christian song becuase they talk about the bible.

Montsegur
stand alone in this desolate space. In death they are truly alive.
Massacred innocence, evil took place. The angels were burning inside.

Centuries later I wonder why. What secret that they took to their grave.
Still burning heretics under our skies. Religion still burning inside.

At the gates and the walls of Montségur. Blood on the stones of the citadel.

As we kill them all so god will know his own. The innocents died for the pope on his throne.
Catholic greed and its paranoid zeal. Curse of the grail and the blood of the cross.

Templar believers with blood on their hands. Joined in the chorus to kill on demand.
Burned at the stake for their soul's liberty. To stand with the Cathars to die and be free.

The book of old testament crippled and black. Satan his weapon is lust.
Living this evil damnation of flesh, back to the torture of life.
The perfect would willingly have died at the stake and all of their followers slain.
As for the knowledge of god they had claimed. Religion still burning inside.

As we kill them all so god know his own. The innocents died for the pope on his throne.
Catholic greed and its paranoid zeal. Curse of the grail and the blood of the cross.

Templar believers with blood on their hands. Joined in the chorus to kill on command.
Burned at the stake for their soul's liberty. Still burning heretics under our skies.

As we kill them all so God WILL know his own. Laugh at the darkness and in God we trust.
The eye of the triangle smiling with sin. No passover feast for the curse of within.

Facing the sun as they went to their grave. Burn like a dog or you live like a slave.
Death is the price for your soul's liberty. To stand with the Cathars and to die and be free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Its a Christian song because they talk about the Bible".The devil talks a lot about the Bible. Does that make him a Christian?

Those lyrics you cited read more like radical Islamic thought to me, what with all the talk about "killing them all so God will know His own." and the accent on blood and gore. Do not Islamic radicals believe that killing an "infidel" impresses God?

SLE

More Godly Than Satanic!!!

Iron Maiden is not a group of Satanists. Their drummer, Nicko McBrain, is a born-again Christian (1999) and would not continue to make albums and tour with them if they were. In fact, I think he put it best when he said " where people think we’re demonic or Satanic, most people that know and have a modicum of sense and intelligence knows that not to be true. It doesn’t take an Einstein to listen to the records and listen to the lyrics of the songs to know what’s going on". Here are some lyrics from Iron Maiden's new CD "A Matter Of Life And Death":

From "The Pilgrim"

Now give us our holy sign
Changing the water into wine
So to you we bid farewell
Kingdom of heaven to hell
Spirit holy life eternal
Raise me up take me home

Pilgrim sunrise pagan sunset
Onward journey begun

From "For The Greater Good Of God"

He gave his life for us
He fell upon the cross

To die for all of those
who never mourn his loss
It wasn't meant for us
to feel the pain again

From "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns"

Holy father we have sinned

If you need more enlightenment, please read this interview:
http://www.canada.com/topics/entert...=41753537-c41f-4f04-9c43-99def58956ef&k=38747

christian_iron_maiden_fan,
I am completely on board with your opinion. I've been a Christian for all of my life, actively as a pre-teen, less active as a teen, and now completely devoted at almost 40.

I have also been an Iron Maiden fan since their early years in the 80's. I have every album they have ever released (In US anyway), plus a couple of imports.

This last album (which I purchased as soon as it was released), is only a small example of some of their lyrics which have strong reference to the Bible, both in the form of simple historical reference, but also embedded personal feelings about God in general, Christ and the church.

Admittedly, their album covers and reputation cause one to feel what I believe is crazy. I feel this way about it...

Jesus said He didn't come to save the righteous, but the sinner. Maybe, just maybe Iron Maiden can reach those who follow them, thinking they are "evil," but in the process, via their subtle lyrics, may enlighten them to the Truth, whether intentional or not.

Anyway, I will remain an avid Iron Maiden fan, and a devoted Christian, until the day I see Jesus face to face.

Wrecklessdrvingwithjeezuz said:
Oh yes, I agree completely. I have the same view on Ozzy Ozbourne, Merrilyn Manson, and the Sex Pistols too. Despite their unconventional lyrics and immage, they are actualy true Christians just trying to spread the good word in a round about way. I even think that Adolph Hitler was on the same wavelength. At least he rid us of many of those horrible non-Christian jews.

Oh, Charles Manson is another example I think.

What a great reply! :jealous:

I DO NOT have the same view of Ozzy, Merilyn Manson & certainly not Adolph Hitler. These are not even in the same realm.

Also, as a Christian, I realize that if it weren't for the Jews, there wouldn't be Christianity.

Angel2Drew;2459 Here is a list of their song that anyone can see is not Christian [B said:
Children of the Damned
The Clansman
The Wicker Man
Lord of the Flies Satan is referred to as the lord of flies.
Here...
The title is a reference to the Hebrew name Beelzebub (בעל זבוב, Baal-zvuv, "god of the fly") a synonym for Satan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_Flies[/B]

There is nothing about this band that give glory to God. I agree with bluecolarchristian.....

Since finding this i had to sign up and bring back this thread.

None of these songs are anti christian

Children of the damned is based on the movie.

The Clansman.... if you would actually read the lyrics you could see its about medieval scotland .Steve harris, the bassist said " It Started as two separate ideas, then put them together and it worked! It's got a Celtic flavour to the music which is why I wrote the lyrics about the Scottish clans. They were inspired also by the Braveheart and Rob Roy films. " VERY EVIL Eh?

The Wicker man - the lyrics seem to highlight the general apathy of our modern society and our egoistic disinterest in what is happening in the world until something actually happens to us and we get "knocked to our feet"

Lord of the flies is based on the book. This is an energetic type of song, whose lyrics glorify the animal nature that is inherent inside all people. This theme is also dominant in the story told in 'The Edge Of Darkness', where a man, dwelling in the depths of a jungle and freed of all social constraints turns to unspeakable savagery.

Before you try and call iron maiden a satanic band, actually read their lyrics and know what their songs are about

I love it how all the seventies and eighties rock n rollers are getting so old and realizing theyve drank too much and done too many drugs that penitence has found its way to their music. hehe.

Ozzy, Motley Crue, REO Speedwagon, Iron Maiden, Spinal Tap (lol), Queen....they all rocked.....but now theyre all mad cuz MTV ruined music forever. lol

MTV Ruining Iron maiden? are you kidding me? They have barely had ANY support from mtv or the radio. Iron maiden were not druggies at all and still are one of the biggest and best bands around today.

Speaking of conversions within the heavy metal community, how about the conversion of Brian "Head" welsh, the founding member of Korn? He gave his life to the Lord and left the band.

www.headtochrist.com

Huh...I sometimes wonder about rumors like that, if it's true then it's awesome. I know Flyleaf was touring with KoRn a lot the last year or so, and they say they are Christians. I kinda questioned that from a band that toured with KoRn, but I think it would be awesome if they were involved in that.

mysaviorisjesus said:
Here are some Iron Maiden lyrics from their album "Dance Of Death". I think they're pretty self righteous guys. Its a Christian song becuase they talk about the bible.

Montsegur
stand alone in this desolate space. In death they are truly alive.
Massacred innocence, evil took place. The angels were burning inside.

Centuries later I wonder why. What secret that they took to their grave.
Still burning heretics under our skies. Religion still burning inside.

As we kill them all so god will know his own. The innocents died for the pope on his throne.

Templar believers with blood on their hands. Joined in the chorus to kill on demand.
Burned at the stake for their soul's liberty. To stand with the Cathars to die and be free.

The book of old testament crippled and black. Satan his weapon is lust.
Living this evil damnation of flesh, back to the torture of life.
The perfect would willingly have died at the stake and all of their followers slain.
As for the knowledge of god they had claimed. Religion still burning inside.

As we kill them all so god know his own. The innocents died for the pope on his throne.

Templar believers with blood on their hands. Joined in the chorus to kill on command.
Burned at the stake for their soul's liberty. Still burning heretics under our skies.

As we kill them all so God WILL know his own. Laugh at the darkness and in God we trust.
The eye of the triangle smiling with sin. No passover feast for the curse of within.

Facing the sun as they went to their grave. Burn like a dog or you live like a slave.
Death is the price for your soul's liberty. To stand with the Cathars and to die and be free.

I have never listened to Iron Maiden... but what I get from this song is not a glorification of what happened to the Cathars, but rather a stinging indictment against the Roman Catholic church for killing so many of them "in the name of God".....

mysaviorisjesus said:
They totally rock my socks! Anyone else like them? I think that Bruce is a hottie!

I love iron maiden...ever since i started to play guitar, i've started to appreciate heavy metal and classical music...i have to listen to fear of the dark every day lol

Let's all remember that 99% of "evil" or "Satanic" music is made simply to make money. It's the shock value of being evil and preying on the rebellious teen-aged mind that these bands do what they do. I can attest to the fact that the vast majority are not satanic...hedonistic, but not satanic.

I always picture myself in my living room listening to music with Jesus. Would he like the tunes I'm wondering about? If the answer is no, then I can make the right decision.

WasLost

Back