Anyone want to read together?

AtomicSnowflake

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Last week I read an article that a church member posted on his fb page, the title was, Have Bible Quoters Replaced Bible Readers?
It made the valid and obvious point about how so many of us tend to reference quotes, but many times they may not be in quite the right context...
Anyway, while discussing it in our Bible study group, we decided we would challenge ourselves and fellow church members to read the Bible all the way through, in chronological order. (The reading schedule lists about 3 or 4 chapters per day.)
And because we can never get too much of God's holy word, I thought I would extend that request here as well.
So, I was wondering if any of you might be interested in all of us doing a year-long read of the Bible together. And as we learn new things, or have questions, we could discuss them as we come to them.
Any takers?

------------------------------------
Week 1
1. Genesis 1-3
2. Genesis 4-7
3. Genesis 8-11
4. Job 1-5
5. Job 6-9
6. Job 10-13
7. Job 14-16
----------------------------------------------------------

week 2 (Feb. 8-14)

8. Job 17-20
9. Job 21-23
10. Job 24-28
11. Job 29-31
12. Job 32-34
13. Job 35-37
14. Job 38-39
---------------------------
Week 3 (Feb. 15-21)

15. Job 40-42
16. Genesis 12-15
17. Genesis 16-18
18. Genesis 19-21
19. Genesis 22-24
20. Genesis 25-26
21. Genesis 27-29

Last edited:
Yea I'm in.
The only thing is I especially would like to read Deuteronomy as that's one book that I'm keen to read through again, plus its one of Jesus favourites, he was always quoting from it. Where does that fit in the chronology Atomic snowflake?
But I suppose it can wait till we get to it...?

Last week I read an article that a church member posted on his fb page, the title was, Have Bible Quoters Replaced Bible Readers?
It made the valid and obvious point about how so many of us tend to reference quotes, but many times they may not be in quite the right context...
Anyway, while discussing it in our Bible study group, we decided we would challenge ourselves and fellow church members to read the Bible all the way through, in chronological order. (The reading schedule lists about 3 or 4 chapters per day.)
And because we can never get too much of God's holy word, I thought I would extend that request here as well.
So, I was wondering if any of you might be interested in all of us doing a year-long read of the Bible together. And as we learn new things, or have questions, we could discuss them as we come to them.
Any takers?

------------------------------------
Week 1
1. Genesis 1-3
2. Genesis 4-7
3. Genesis 8-11
4. Job 1-5
5. Job 6-9
6. Job 10-13
7. Job 14-16
amen - joining you in this

Lanolin, according to a copy I have here, it begins at day 70, I'll edit the first post and include the whole thing, I can't find a basic link that isn't spammy or wants donations...lol
Fish Catcher Jim the particular schedule our church is using is one from a copyrighted source, and it is in chronological order, with some amount of NT reading mixed in as well. Rather than step on any copyright toes, I was just thinking of trying to keep it simple here, and still read in chronological order. Of course everyone can read however they wish, and if you have a preferred schedule you'd like to share, then it's definitely welcome. The goal is just for us all to read our Bibles. And taking the same reading journey together will be fun, and educational, and we will have awesome doughnuts!!
-----
I'll have the chocolate fudge iced.... with chopped nuts on top :)

Lanolin, according to a copy I have here, it begins at day 70, I'll edit the first post and include the whole thing, I can't find a basic link that isn't spammy or wants donations...lol
Fish Catcher Jim the particular schedule our church is using is one from a copyrighted source, and it is in chronological order, with some amount of NT reading mixed in as well. Rather than step on any copyright toes, I was just thinking of trying to keep it simple here, and still read in chronological order. Of course everyone can read however they wish, and if you have a preferred schedule you'd like to share, then it's definitely welcome. The goal is just for us all to read our Bibles. And taking the same reading journey together will be fun, and educational, and we will have awesome doughnuts!!
-----
I'll have the chocolate fudge iced.... with chopped nuts on top :)

Copyright issues with read a bible in a year?
You have got to be joking

Yes, about 1450 B.C. but you can barely read it on the stone tablets. lol!

I'm with AtomicSnowflake. We like simple! When the first lesson is posted, will there be a day or two for others (time difference and schedules) to participate before moving on to the next?

Donuts! Do they make donuts the size of bagels?

Everyone at their own pace... I was thinking of starting day 1 reading at Feb. 1.... you know, to keep it simple. But we can adjust our reading to sort of keep in pace with each other... maybe faster or slower as needed, or as discussion progresses, or gets more in-depth. Whatever is most helpful to everyone. (Not carved in stone :) )

So..... how is it going? Are we having fun yet? Discovering/learning something new or different? Wanna discuss anything?

Oh, and how about another round of doughnuts :)

week 2 (Feb. 8-14)

8. Job 17-20
9. Job 21-23
10. Job 24-28
11. Job 29-31
12. Job 32-34
13. Job 35-37
14. Job 38-39

So..... how is it going? Are we having fun yet? Discovering/learning something new or different? Wanna discuss anything?

Oh, and how about another round of doughnuts :)

week 2 (Feb. 8-14)

8. Job 17-20
9. Job 21-23
10. Job 24-28
11. Job 29-31
12. Job 32-34
13. Job 35-37
14. Job 38-39
thanks for this

still catching up - will post thoughts later

Back