16. Genesis 12-15
17. Genesis 16-18
18. Genesis 19-21
19. Genesis 22-24
20. Genesis 25-26
21. Genesis 27-29
-------------
[Psa 19:14 KJV]
14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Daily bonus
[Psa 1:1-6 KJV]
1 Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 4 The ungodly [are] not so: but [are] like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Fish Catcher Jim
I would have to cheat and use google to see what you mean by mis-used. So I don't know. Would you be so kind as to teach us a bit about what you mean?

Quick Start.....

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

God gives us all things, Richly to enjoy

Do not LOVE the things of this world.

Far too many believers use these scriptures as means to justify lack and poverty, that is both in the Spiritual as well as the natural.

They are used to condemn those who desire nicer things as if poverty or doing with out is actually being humble before God .

You can thank your enemy the devil for that bunch of confusion.

Let's look at something before we get back on topic.

Does satan use riches and nice things and success to LURE people away from God and onto him? OF COURSE he DOES.

So how could he tempt people with something you can have with God ?

Again he can't so it serves his purpose and will , to get people to swallow these religious lies.

A Shepherd takes care of every need of His sheep. They lack nothing they will ever need.

We know believers will make Jesus Lord of their lives.
However when a believer surrenders EVERY AREA of their lives unto the Lordship of Jesus our Christ they will find NO LACK in ANY AREA of their lives.

That's simply a quick note.
Blessings
FCJ

Far too many believers use these scriptures as means to justify lack and poverty, that is both in the Spiritual as well as the natural.

They are used to condemn those who desire nicer things as if poverty or doing with out is actually being humble before God .
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Just speaking for myself, I have never heard of it being twisted in that way.
I've always viewed it as it reads... such as sheep need someone to keep them safe, provide for them, lead & guide them, etc. If not terrible things can happen. With a good shepheard, all of their needs are met...

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Just speaking for myself, I have never heard of it being twisted in that way.
I've always viewed it as it reads... such as sheep need someone to keep them safe, provide for them, lead & guide them, etc. If not terrible things can happen. With a good shepheard, all of their needs are met...
Two things.
Stick around here long enough and you will.
Second ..... we as His sheep must also Listen to our Shepherd and do what He says.
It's not enough just being His sheep.
Many sheep stray off and get themselves in a jam or hurt.
Blessings

Psalm 23 is a beautiful picture of our Good shepherd looking after his sheep and providing us with all we need and good things..quite places to rest, anointing our heads with oil, eating supper with Him, dwelling with Him all the days of our lives. The complete opposite of living in poverty!
Totally agree, Lanolin, a beautiful Psalm that brings peace and calm. To me it says ‘have faith and trust me’.

Daily bonus
[Psa 100:1-5 KJV]
1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. 2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 3 Know ye that the LORD he [is] God: [it is] he [that] hath made us, and not we ourselves; [we are] his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, [and] into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, [and] bless his name. 5 For the LORD [is] good; his mercy [is] everlasting; and his truth [endureth] to all generations.

Lifetime bonus
[Jhn 17:1-26 KJV]
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received [them], and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. 11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are]. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare [it]: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Back to topic, How is everyone going with Genesis.
Interesting thing is Seths line is the one that calls upon the Lord. And they had high priest back then because Melchisidek was one, but God chose Abraham who at first wasnt anyone special to be the father of all the people he was going to bless and make his convenant with.

Reactions: Mig
How is everyone going with Genesis
Trying to absorb and retain as much as I can as I go.... lots of names & places, wives, kinfolks, and children...lol I tend to read a while, then something will catch my attention, so then I go and look it up, and study/ponder it a bit then go back to reading.. It's also hard for me to read just the one or two chapters at a time... I find myself reading several at a time, and then pausing to go and read abou the stuff I just read...lol

Was reading about sodom and gomorrah. Abrham was kinda talking back to God about it, and it was kind of funny to res that he hoped God wouldnt be angry with him each time he asked him not to destroy it if there were any righteous people there. Why didnt abraham just say 'Lord, my nephew Lot lives there!'
Another thing that struck me about that episode is Lot had daughters that were married, but his son in laws were sodomites and they didnt want to get out. Lot offered his daughters to the men but they didnt want them they wanted to know the angels?! And then when they did escape, both his daughters got their dad drunk and had children by him!

Im wondering when does a city become so wicked and evil that you would flee from it. I mean are there now cities in the world that are just so evil you wouldnt go there. Apart from the Forbidden City - which has now actually opened for tourists and you can go there for $1399 and stay in a five star hotel for 8 days. Im thinking why...? Why do they ant to attract tourists so badly? In sodom and gomorrahs case, any guest staying there would be immediately propositioned.

Reading Schedule
Feb. 22-28
Week 4

22. Genesis 30-31
23. Genesis 32-34
24. Genesis 35-37
25. Genesis 38-40
26. Genesis 41-42
27. Genesis 43-45
28. Genesis 46-47

------------------------------------
So..... are we having fun yet? :)
I am.

March Reading
(I'm posting for the month instead of weekly because my online time will be reduced soon due to work.)
I hope everyone is enjoying this.. I know I am. And I am happy and thankful that you guys are participating.. I think it's awesome!

March 1-7
Genesis 48-50
Exodus 1-3
Exodus 4-6
Exodus 7-9
Exodus 10-12
Exodus 13-15
Exodus 16-18

March 8-14
Exodus 19-21
Exodus 22-24
Exodus 25-27
Exodus 28-29
Exodus 30-32
Exodus 33-35
Exodus 36-38

March 15-21
Exodus 39-40
Leviticus 1-4
Leviticus 5-7
Leviticus 8-10
Leviticus 11-13
Leviticus 14-15
Leviticus 16-18

March 22-28
Leviticus 19-21
Leviticus 22-23
Leviticus 24-25
Leviticus 26-27
Numbers 1-2
Numbers 3-4
Numbers 5-6

March 29-31
Numbers 7
Numbers 8-10
Numbers 11-13

Hows everyone going? Love the Exodus story. Funny thing first chapter it says the Hebrew women were not as Egyptian women...the Hebrew women were lively.
What does that make the egyptian women? Deadly?? Or maybe...boring?

Lanolin According to what is in a book that my husband has, it explained that they were rather "lazy".. it said that because they were in a fertile-land area, that the river would rise/flood and deposit nutrients/minerals into the soil.. so plants/food grew easily and with less effort. So they didn't have to work as hard, and became lazy and spoiled... I'm not sure which book, I'd have to ask him.

Lanolin According to what is in a book that my husband has, it explained that they were rather "lazy".. it said that because they were in a fertile-land area, that the river would rise/flood and deposit nutrients/minerals into the soil.. so plants/food grew easily and with less effort. So they didn't have to work as hard, and became lazy and spoiled... I'm not sure which book, I'd have to ask him.
Hmm could be but they got the Hebrews working hard making those useless pyramids.

Back